Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:35:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: CoV gameplay video 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CoV gameplay video  (Read 2067 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

on: June 23, 2005, 01:50:06 PM

Available here.

This one doesn't include blasters being asked to pull, or angsty Koreans.

It's a chunk of the walkthrough JE did at E3.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 02:20:06 PM

Hmmmm, meh? He didn't really do anything in that video that was much different from CoH. He talked about a lot of shiney, and not a lot of meat.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 03:16:31 PM

Only point of note was that there will be 7 pve zones, 4 pvp zones.

PvP zones appear to be rvr king of the hill/siege based. Expect the cool kids to whine on boards about how openfield 8v8 is the only true way to play, but nonetheless the vast majority will enjoy sieges more.

The PvE zones appear to have specific goals included (the video mentions trapping ghosts) that don't involve killing stuff.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #3 on: July 01, 2005, 06:05:23 PM

There's a new one up at the same site.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #4 on: July 02, 2005, 12:27:07 PM

Huh.  That guy soloed Mynx like it was nothing.  Wonder if that's actual gameplay that we should expect or if it was changed for the sake of simplicity for the trailer.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #5 on: July 02, 2005, 06:48:18 PM

Huh.  That guy soloed Mynx like it was nothing.  Wonder if that's actual gameplay that we should expect or if it was changed for the sake of simplicity for the trailer.

In the forum threads, it was a setup deal run at e3 for the press.  No, Mynx will not actually be that easy to defeat.  It was a short mission, with things set up to be easy to impress the press.

It certainly was shiney, tho.  I liked the char damage done to walls and stuff by the villain's fire powers.

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: CoV gameplay video  
Jump to: