Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:51:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: EQ 2 beta signups to start next week 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: EQ 2 beta signups to start next week  (Read 3030 times)
kaid
Terracotta Army

on: April 26, 2004, 12:03:13 PM

http://everquest2.station.sony.com/beta.jsp

Looks like beta will start in june with the first bunch coming from long time legends server folks followed by people who bought lords of EQ and then pretty much random from long term eq players and those who sign up for beta starting May 3rd.

So start stockpiling your hate now:P

Kaid
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 26, 2004, 12:14:46 PM

I am looking forward to it, despite the general hatred this board has for all things EQ.  Comparing EQ to EQ2 is just wrong.  EQ has more in common with WOW on paper than with EQ2.  And how it plays is unknown except by very few.  A few of which I have spoken to, but I don't know if they were totally fanboi at the time or if it is an actual good game.

My wife should be in eventually since she got a free Lords of Everquest for winning a fan faire event (she is a senior guide and likes going to fan faire to meet longtime gm and guide friends).  Many of those GMs have been playing the game for awhile now and have given some glowing 'impressions' but that is about all I have.  And they are firstly on the payrol and second they were probably still in honeymoon mode.

I pity those on legends though.  I wonder what their numbers are like these days?  Quest Troupe has been pretty much fulltime there since a few months after it started, but I can't imagine that many play $40 for EQ still.  Drat, I just had dinner with a senior member of Quest troupe the other day.  I should have asked him if it was barren.

Overall EQ2 sounds to me like such a patchwork of other games out there I have a hard time envisioning how it will work together.  It uses an oracle database that has almost singlehandedly ruined SWG though.  Hard to look forward to THAT monster.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 26, 2004, 12:23:33 PM

From what I hear the numbers are still decent on legends but most of the folks on there do it for breeding pvpers in safety and to gear up before switching back to the pvp servers.

If not for that legends would have died on the vine a long time ago.

kaid
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 26, 2004, 12:42:54 PM

My take on it is this...

Is it possible for EQ2 to be worse than the original?  I know... be careful what I wish for.  Barring their repeat of SWG, EQ2 will probably be no worse than EQ (granted that's not saying much) and stands at least some possibility of being better.  

I am one of the few that like the graphics, granted a bit plasticized but better (imo) than the stylized look of L2, Ryzom, and WoW.  I do have my concerns that the vocal dialogue addition will cause some issues, but will try to keep an open mind.  For right now, I'm pretty meh about the whole thing and will force them to prove that it's more than just the same old crap in a shiny new package.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: EQ 2 beta signups to start next week  
Jump to: