Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:56:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Can updates be downloaded seperately? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can updates be downloaded seperately?  (Read 2103 times)
gimpyone
Terracotta Army

on: June 21, 2005, 10:10:39 PM

I'm thinking of resubbing to CoH and was just hoping I could grab the updates while I was sleeping.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 10:18:10 PM

I don't understand this question.  What's stopping you?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 10:20:28 PM

Sorry, I just realized the tardnes of the question, plase hit me with a book or something.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 10:21:12 PM

I'm gonna kick your ass.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 10:23:10 PM

Well some patchers aren't smart enough to patch themselves up to the latest version if you start from too far back so you have to keep relaunching the patcher but otherwise yeah, the patcher should just download and patch everything you need while you sleep.
Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 22, 2005, 06:15:33 AM

Well some patchers aren't smart enough to patch themselves up to the latest version if you start from too far back so you have to keep relaunching the patcher but otherwise yeah, the patcher should just download and patch everything you need while you sleep.
About the only thing you need to worry about with the CoH patcher is if you've got a firewall installed with some restrictive settings on it, because the patcher will occasionally stop to patch itself and relaunch to grab the next whack of patchiness. So you may have to re-authorize the patch program to connect to the Internet, if your firewall makes you do things like that.

--GF
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Can updates be downloaded seperately?  
Jump to: