Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:17:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: The Beginning of Something Good (Batman thread) 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Beginning of Something Good (Batman thread)  (Read 59033 times)
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: June 24, 2005, 02:39:10 PM

Well, the article said Penn is hesitating because he is buddies with Jack Nicholson and doesn't want to redo his role.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: June 25, 2005, 10:17:49 AM

Penn is a silly idea.

However, after re-reading The Killing Joke, I think this guy :

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001525/

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #142 on: June 25, 2005, 02:56:55 PM

For the Busey fans above, he is apparently on the Celebrity Fitness Club 2 starting soon on VH1. Should be an amusing train wreck.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #143 on: June 25, 2005, 03:00:33 PM

For the Busey fans above, he is apparently on the Celebrity Fitness Club 2 starting soon on VH1. Should be an amusing train wreck.

Celebrity Fit Club is back for a second season as a one-hour reality show in which eight overweight celebrities compete in two teams of four to lose weight. In each episode the celebrities attend 'Fit Camp' where they take part in a range of physical and motivational activities designed to shed the pounds, increase team spirit and rivalry, and win prizes.

Sunday Jul. 10
10:30/9:30c PM

Willie Aames, Jani Lane and Gary Busey. This will be great.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 03:03:09 PM by Shockeye »
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: June 25, 2005, 04:06:00 PM

My favorite quote from that page:

Phil has used his notoriety from reality shows to his advantage parlaying it into a movie career. He starred as "Fat guy with Watermelon" in Haggard in 2002

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #145 on: June 25, 2005, 04:36:56 PM

I hope he got to keep the watermelon, as I imagine they didn't pay him with much else, if at all.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: June 25, 2005, 04:48:40 PM

It is now my goal in life to be in a movie credited as "fat guy with _______"

-H.L. Mencken
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #147 on: June 26, 2005, 12:00:19 AM

It is now my goal in life to be in a movie credited as "fat guy with _______"

And I thought I had high standards for myself.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #148 on: June 27, 2005, 10:13:14 AM

Sean Penn as the Joker.

FUCK NO. SAY IT AIN'T FUCKING SO.

He is a one-note actor. I'd rather see the Matt Damon puppet from Team America play the fucking Joker.

WayAbvPar

Reply #149 on: June 27, 2005, 10:19:26 AM

I would rather see him reprise his role as Pacman from Colors, then have Batman kick the fuck out of him.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #150 on: June 27, 2005, 10:22:22 AM

Sean Penn as the Joker.

FUCK NO. SAY IT AIN'T FUCKING SO.

He is a one-note actor. I'd rather see the Matt Damon puppet from Team America play the fucking Joker.

C'mon now....."One note"?

Fast Times
Bad Boys
Carlito's Way
Sweet & Lowdown
Casualties of War
Hurly Burly
U Turn
Dead Man Walking
Before Night Falls
State of Grace
Colors

None of those characters are really alike.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #151 on: June 27, 2005, 10:23:16 AM

Actually, I believe just about all those characters are alike. Guy with angry chip on his shoulder. About the only one that isn't is Spicoli from Fast Times.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #152 on: June 27, 2005, 10:24:44 AM

Penn's a good actor, but nothing about him even remotely reminds me of the Joker. Voice, look, mannerisms - it doesn't work for me. Plus, I don't think Penn is allowed to take any roles that don't include at least 15 minutes of anguished bawling any more.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #153 on: June 27, 2005, 10:25:10 AM

Actually, I believe just about all those characters are alike. Guy with angry chip on his shoulder. About the only one that isn't is Spicoli from Fast Times.

Umm..Sweet & Lowdown too?

Before Night Falls -- He's a "Happy" Cuban Farmer in that.

Carlito's Way -- Alan Dershowitz on Crack

I wouldn't really want to see him as the Joker either, but geez...

edit: OK, granted, he's got a chip on his shoulder in Sweet & Lowdown and Carlito's Way as well, but there's still a big difference in how he goes about it. He doesn't play the "guy with a chip on his shoulder" quite the same everytime either. I mean, not every character is a rehash of "Pacman".
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 10:36:37 AM by Stray »
Pococurante
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: June 27, 2005, 10:45:21 AM

Bah he's been downhill since Fast Times.  And that was reprising a role anyone of my high school buds could have performed.
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #155 on: June 27, 2005, 02:37:00 PM

Shanghai Suprise.

That alone should've kept him away from the Academy Awards FOREVER.
schild
Administrator

Reply #156 on: June 27, 2005, 05:49:56 PM

God, Sean Penn sucks ass.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #157 on: June 27, 2005, 05:53:38 PM

Johnny disagrees.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #158 on: June 27, 2005, 07:17:17 PM

Just saw this movie, I LOVED IT.  Honestly I was surprised, this is the first movie in many years that gave me joygasms while watching.  After watching the previews I was "meh,"  but my brother who is heading to Iraq insisted on going to see it (I wanted Land of the Dead). This willl be the first time I have decided to see a movie twice in a decade --- A++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #159 on: June 27, 2005, 09:09:22 PM

Just read on AICN that Sean Penn is  being courted for the Joker. If nothing else it gives us an idea of what kind of performance they are going for
A turd packed shitpile of one? Sean Penn as the Joker kills the movie. He's a shitty one trick pony as noted previously. There is nothing about Sean Penn that is The Joker, and he lacks even the basic acting abilities that would allow him to transcend playing some small variation of himself.

assuming they are thinking of intense Penn and not Fast Times Penn

There is no "intense" Sean Penn.

Jesus fucking christ, I really wish they'd stop putting the same fucking retarded, shitpile hacks in these guaranteed blockbuster rolls. The fucking movie goes on to mak a jillion dollars and every bitch in the industry thinks it's the "star's" "draw". The simple fact is, most of these rolls you could stick a CG enhanced CINDERBLOCK in and it would draw the same money. Attention shitfags, people will go see War of the Worlds because of a combination of cool special effects and there being nothing new out to see while on vacation. It has absolutely nothing to do with Spielberg, and especially has nothing to do Tom Cruise. God, another titanic Hackberg production about an evil, faceless totalitarian regime wiping out a population only to be defeated by clean living. Fucking assholes. Make a War of the Worlds remake, except have the martians invent crazy high tech shit like respirators or vaccines, and they win. Then explore what they would do with the earth afterwards. That would be a good movie. Unlike the mindless ID ripoff shitfest that got made. you all suck for seeing it. Whores.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #160 on: June 27, 2005, 10:28:49 PM

I'm just going to go with the cheapest retort here:

Bob?

Get a life.
schild
Administrator

Reply #161 on: June 27, 2005, 10:34:12 PM

Stray, Sean Penn really really sucks ass. I mean badly. Terribly fucking badly.

I can't for the life of me figure out why you're defending him. He's an overrated hack of the highest order.

And must be stopped.

Edit: As for the rest of what Bob said, while I might like to see his mythical movie, calling Spielberg a pet name like "Hackberg" is somewhere I wouldn't even be willing to go.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 10:36:01 PM by schild »
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #162 on: June 28, 2005, 12:10:20 AM

Eh, I just think that angry bob was just being a little too "angry" there. Even by his own standards.

Or maybe it's that I've been gone awhile....I haven't quite settled into "teh hate" just yet.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: June 28, 2005, 04:23:31 AM

Jesus fucking christ, I really wish they'd stop putting the same fucking retarded, shitpile hacks in these guaranteed blockbuster rolls. The fucking movie goes on to mak a jillion dollars and every bitch in the industry thinks it's the "star's" "draw". The simple fact is, most of these rolls you could stick a CG enhanced CINDERBLOCK in and it would draw the same money. Attention shitfags, people will go see War of the Worlds because of a combination of cool special effects and there being nothing new out to see while on vacation. It has absolutely nothing to do with Spielberg, and especially has nothing to do Tom Cruise.

You are totally out of touch with reality. Your average person goes "Ooo. Tom Cruise and Steven Spielberg. It has to be good."

God, another titanic Hackberg production about an evil, faceless totalitarian regime wiping out a population only to be defeated by clean living. Fucking assholes. Make a War of the Worlds remake, except have the martians invent crazy high tech shit like respirators or vaccines, and they win. Then explore what they would do with the earth afterwards. That would be a good movie. Unlike the mindless ID ripoff shitfest that got made. you all suck for seeing it. Whores.

You know. There's this novel by a man named H.G. Wells. It's about a martian invasion and it's called War of the Worlds. Oh, and they are killed by diseases. Funny that...

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #164 on: June 28, 2005, 04:35:24 AM

Actually I just went "Hm, Spielberg eh?  Well, it'll have good production values.  Worth seeing."

Cruise didn't do anything to help.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: June 28, 2005, 05:07:01 AM

Actually I just went "Hm, Spielberg eh?  Well, it'll have good production values.  Worth seeing."

Cruise didn't do anything to help.

If you're answering my post, please notice I said "your average person". I am not sure anyone that posts here qualifies.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #166 on: June 28, 2005, 08:55:46 AM

You know. There's this novel by a man named H.G. Wells. It's about a martian invasion and it's called War of the Worlds. Oh, and they are killed by diseases. Funny that...

OMFG SPOILERZ!

That's my impression of the the average moviegoer. Followed by "mmmmmmm, tits."

jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #167 on: June 28, 2005, 09:04:13 AM

OMFG SPOILERZ!

That's my impression of the the average moviegoer. Followed by "mmmmmmm, tits."

Damn it.  I'm average  cool

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #168 on: June 28, 2005, 09:09:22 AM

I really really wanted to see a War of the Worlds authentic to the book...  I mean long before this version was announced, I wanted to see Martians fighting Victorian England.  But noooo, they have to move it to modern times...

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #169 on: June 28, 2005, 09:10:48 AM

Hey, there's something WUA and I agree on.

jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: June 29, 2005, 08:36:45 AM

Any one heard about whether Gary Oldman has signed back on for the next one yet?

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #171 on: June 29, 2005, 08:56:10 AM

I really really wanted to see a War of the Worlds authentic to the book...  I mean long before this version was announced, I wanted to see Martians fighting Victorian England.  But noooo, they have to move it to modern times...

If only the first League of Extraordinary Gentlemen movie hadn't sucked so badly.  The second installment of the graphic novel had exactly that (the League vs. the Martians).  And it was neat.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #172 on: June 30, 2005, 01:51:21 AM

Hey, there's something WUA and I agree on.

New scenes at the Pendragon website.  The Fighting Machines look asstastic tho...

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #173 on: June 30, 2005, 05:29:16 AM

Oh my god.. is that? Could it be?! ... Freddy Mercury?!

- meg

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #174 on: June 30, 2005, 05:45:24 AM

Yeah.  The film sticks rigidly to the novel, except for the fact that Freddy defeats the martians at the end by replying to 'Ulla' with a rousing chorus of 'We Are The Champions.'

I've heard it's going to be really moving.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: The Beginning of Something Good (Batman thread)  
Jump to: