Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:47:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: For Those not Catassing 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: For Those not Catassing  (Read 2168 times)
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

on: April 25, 2004, 05:50:36 PM

I just had the beta, so I won't be playing till launch day. I'm not too familiar with the sidekick system, but it means the difference in lvls won't matter much, right?
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #1 on: April 26, 2004, 12:31:21 AM

So long as your mentor is level 10 or above and you are less than 3 (or is that 2 now?) levels under them, you can be sidekicked.    This brings your effective potency to about one level under them (at least initially).

The only downsides of sidekickery is that when your mentor takes off/gets out of range your insta-demoted down to your "real" level (quite possibly in the middle of a zone far above that level) and that you can't enter "Hazard" zones you are not properly qualified for (Perez Park, Boomtown, ect).

Overall, it's a very nice system for folks to group together who have very different play times.

Daydreamer
Contributor

Reply #2 on: April 26, 2004, 10:35:53 AM

Quote from: geldonyetich
So long as your mentor is level 10 or above and you are less than 3 (or is that 2 now?) levels under them, you can be sidekicked.    This brings your effective potency to about one level under them (at least initially).

That should be more than 3 levels apart.

Immaginative Immersion Games  ... These are your role playing games, adventure games, the same escapist pleasure that we get from films and page-turner novels and schizophrenia. - David Wong at PointlessWasteOfTime.com
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 26, 2004, 12:18:42 PM

Don't worry about it to much leveling up to about 10 or so is very fast then it starts slowing down a fair bit. I doubt we will have to many get past level 12 before the three day thing is up.

As far as sidekicking basically you need the mentor to be level 10 or higher and you have to be 3 levels lower or more than them. You cannot side kick people into danger zones but those are only a small number of the total zones.

Heck in beta in my bumped group we decided to give a lil excitement to a members lil brother and had his level 2 tanker tank for us in level 34 dungeons. He did not have much diversity in his powers but he survived the experience fine. He was pretty pumped from that because at level 34 you start seeing REALLY scary stuff.

Don't worry to much about the early jump the early levels go fast but once you hit the teens everybody will start catching up especially if you group with the others. If you are side kicked you dont' get any more xp than you normally would for killing a specific con but in general the more people in a group the more mobs spawn in dungeons so in a group you kill more faster and more fun than you do solo.

So just get it when you get it and we will be there to group with once you get the game there  should be plenty of people of many various levels to group with.

Kaid
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: For Those not Catassing  
Jump to: