Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:54:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: Pick me, pick me 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pick me, pick me  (Read 7461 times)
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

on: June 12, 2005, 09:38:56 AM

I left BC to join some former guildies, most of whom apparently quit playing a week or two before I joined.

Anyone have an active guild I can join?  I play irregularly, mostly on weekends, daytimes pacific time when I do play.  I think I hate half the people who play GWs, or at least half the people I end up grouping with - the people who leave in the middle of missions or afk at the beginning, the morons who run constantly into monsters, etc.

schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 04:49:52 PM

This is a game that supplements other games. Playing it all the time is going to leave you lonely no matter what guild you're in. :P

Really, I'm just staying in Bat Country and will play after big feature passes and upgrades. I would have after the signet thing, but I've got the 3 skills I want. Just sayin.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 08:30:24 PM

Don't listen to him, you need an active guild if you want do anything besides random arean and pick-up groups from Hell in Tomb of Primevil Kings.  How I found my guild was pick-up groups in ToPK. They invited me and they didn't suck ass, so I join.  The people aren't as much fun as BC, but we a good rank and have had our ass beat by some of the best on the GW Ladder.

"Me am play gods"
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: June 12, 2005, 08:38:48 PM

Fun > Having a rank.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #4 on: June 12, 2005, 08:45:35 PM

Only when there's someone online to have fun with.
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: June 12, 2005, 08:55:45 PM

I want more people playing Phantom Dust so I have people on XBL to play with. But you don't hear me complaining, do you? Nyahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. ^_^
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 13, 2005, 03:31:37 AM

But you don't hear me complaining, do you? Nyahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. ^_^

Well yes actually - maybe not about *this* but....

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 13, 2005, 07:29:40 AM

Finally finished the last mission.  Took ten tries with random idiot pickup group.

Hell's Precipice indeed, that was hell, no precipice about it.

So now what do I do besides capture elite skills and pvp?  What's Woe and Underworld?  Are they hench-able or does one need a group?  Quests?

Or is this toon done now?
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #8 on: June 13, 2005, 09:33:30 AM

> So now what do I do besides capture elite skills and pvp?
There is unlock items also.  You could also get your 15k armor.

>What's Woe and Underworld?
PvE that costs a plat to enter, its like darkness forge in DAoC.

> Or is this toon done now?
Get your elites and runes, then you are done with this char.

Schild, the people in my guild aren't fun.  But having a team that can compete and win is fun.  Centainly, more fun then sitting in an empty guild wondering if we'll ever enough people to do anything besides team arena.

"Me am play gods"
schild
Administrator

Reply #9 on: June 13, 2005, 10:28:48 AM

I stopped playing games to win in terms of rank and whatnot when SW:G crushed my soul, murdered my unborn child, and raped my will to live.

But yea, that used to be fun for me. I prefer to wait in a shitty, empty guild channel now, waiting for someone, anyone to show up and scream "thundercunts."
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 13, 2005, 10:53:06 AM

Unlocked maybe 8 elite monk skills yesterday and I can't say that any of them are very super duper in PvP as they take too long to recharge to be very useful.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 13, 2005, 03:23:38 PM

> So now what do I do besides capture elite skills and pvp?
There is unlock items also.  You could also get your 15k armor.

15k armor is just for looks, right?  I'd rather buy 3 sets of ele armor, so I can switch between them, depending on build.  Water/air/fire with earth minor is what I've been playing with mostly, haven't even used mesmer skills in a while.

>What's Woe and Underworld?
PvE that costs a plat to enter, its like darkness forge in DAoC.

So you group up and then go into zone, there's no town to go to, and it's 1p every trip?  What makes it worthwhile? 

Schild, the people in my guild aren't fun.  But having a team that can compete and win is fun.  Centainly, more fun then sitting in an empty guild wondering if we'll ever enough people to do anything besides team arena.

I want a fun guild.  BC is less empty than the guild of friends I joined :(

If I grovel, can I swing an invitation back to BC?

Some friends are trying to entice me back to DAOC to rvr, even offered to artifact my toon for me (no playing nec. on my part, even!).  That's sounding a little attractive, actually, but I'd have to buy Catacombs... and then there's the fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me thing.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #12 on: June 13, 2005, 04:00:12 PM

I think that'd be more like a "sure I guess you can lube up my ass but I'm not really sure why you are doing it" sort of thing...

Writing on the wall and whatnot.

GuildWars is a hard game to play regularly, outside of an active competition guild because there is no reason to.  Currently I alternate between ep's of Gundam Seed (which is meh but watchable) and playing GunZ till it crashes then another ep of Gundam.  This works well.

But my buddies from a forum I've gone to for years and years created a guild and promptly left within the first month like everyone else, so I feel your pain about inactive guild channels.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #13 on: June 13, 2005, 04:36:28 PM

Yep, just for looks.

Better loot, better exp. There is crafter down there, I am told.

It's Guild Wars. You should have a guild with people who actually play.  I understand the videogame attention defficit syndrome, but it doesn't mesh with the need for 8 coordinated players to do ToPK or GuildHall battles.  If you guys want to set a time when we can get 8 people together to play ToPK that would be great.

"Me am play gods"
schild
Administrator

Reply #14 on: June 13, 2005, 05:56:19 PM

If Guild Wars' loot system was a tad more enjoyable (set items, more interesting drops, useful bonuses (not +2% against Earth bullshit) but the fun shit like More Gold Per Kill, I'd play it nonstop. As it stands, until they truly make it Diablo online, I don't see myeslf playing it as much as I'd like.
Xilren's Twin

Reply #15 on: June 14, 2005, 07:10:11 AM

The way I'm envisioning the gaming future (and not just for guild wars), is more along the lines of hoping on the net, either jumping into teamspeak or coming here, seeing who is online and either deciding what game we want to do as a group, or joining people already in game somewhere.  So if I see 3 people are already in GW, I can fire that up and join them, or MTGO, or whatever.

Basically, have this and other places server as a meta-gaming lobby.  The appeal of playing the same game day and day out for months is long gone.  I tend to play titles in spurts, but truth be told, the specific game in question is largerly irrelevant so long as you can play with people you like.

I don't think I;m alone in this fickleness; just too many games to choose from and people with shorter and shorter attention spans.  For that reason among others,  MMO's that tie you to a continuing monthly fee will fall out of favor compared to concepts like the station pass for Sony, or "whatever NCSoft comes up with soon" for all their titles, or games with different revenue models like GW and MTGO.

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #16 on: June 14, 2005, 07:28:36 AM

I really want one of those NCsoft hoozawhatsits.

Course not sure what the fuck I will do w/ L2, perhaps play on a free server w/ x35 xp/drop rate so its actually bearable for 1hour at a time.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Stephen Zepp
Developers

InstantAction

Reply #17 on: June 14, 2005, 06:39:41 PM

Just as an FYI, I'm back and playing a bit--not nearly as much as I was before I went to Oregon, but I've gotten up to level 19 with my mesmer (/monk, but I never use any monk skills)...and slowly creeping through the missions.

Of course, all this will stop again in a week, but if you're on or want to do some pvp (organized), I'm up for it!

Rumors of War
schild
Administrator

Reply #18 on: June 14, 2005, 06:46:51 PM

I prefer unorganized PvP where everyone is running around like a chicken with their head cut off. The opportunity to scream into teamspeak makes it a lot more fun.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: Pick me, pick me  
Jump to: