Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 07:23:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: Managing inventory 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Managing inventory  (Read 2840 times)
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

on: June 10, 2005, 09:12:47 AM

How do people manage to manage inventory?

I don't know what is crap and what is good, and I hate trying to hawk stuff anyway.  Do I sell it to vendors, salvage it, or what?

Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 11:30:41 AM

The things I look for are if the requirements are really low you can use it to twink out a new alt. character. Or look for max damage items (bow is max 28, rod is max 21, max second hand energy is +12?, etc). The PvP character weapons show what the max damage is. If you don't have all your armor bought yet then yeah probably salvage. I just salvaged all my purple items because they were useless to me. Still keeping my gold items around.

Also the items that say (chance: 6%) or whatever percent seem to be crap to me. That means the "Double damage per hit" or whatever mod only has 6% chance of going off which seems pretty useless.

+armor and +hp items seem to be a much better bang for your buck.

I usually identify unidentified crap to unlock runes or weapon mods and then dump it.

The game isn't very packrat friendly either though.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 11:57:43 AM

I pretty much keep around stuff that looks useful for twinking alts/guildmates (those no-requirement +10 energy staves from Ice Caves of Sorrow? every noob caster loves 'em) and sell everything else - unless it's got a rune or useful item (staff wrapping, sword hilt, etc.) in it, at which point it gets salvaged and sent over to the guild merchant-whore who loves hocking items to random idiots.

He also keeps all our crafting junk together, using mule alts when necessary to get extra storage space. You can get about 30 extra slots with a mule (main inv, +5 pouch, +10*2 sacks with runes of holding), which is handy when you have piles of each of the twenty or so various crafting materials.

When I personally sell stuff, I just chuck it at the vendors; the thought of trying to interact with the folks that populate Guildwars makes my skin crawl.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: Managing inventory  
Jump to: