Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:42:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Catass2Victory Preparations 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Catass2Victory Preparations  (Read 3470 times)
Daydreamer
Contributor

on: April 24, 2004, 07:38:39 PM

Who, among the faithful gathered here tonight, is most prepared for the trials thy lord, the almighty toon-avatar, has set before thee? [/televangelism]

My personal preparations:
-24 pack of Coca-Cola for teh caffine
-2 liters of Stolichnaya Vodka for teh alchohol
-2 boxes of Pop-Tarts and 1 box of donuts for teh sugah
-2 doorstops for the doors between me and the bathroom
-1 copy of Neil Gaiman's American Gods for unexpected downtimes
-1500 MP3s to groove to (400 techno/EBM/Industrial, 1100 classic rock/pop)
-1 crappy $10 alarm clock set to 9:50 am PDT

Anyone else care to share their preparations with the rest of us here at MMORPGAA (Because we all know that admitting that we have a problem is the first step towards the healing process)

Immaginative Immersion Games  ... These are your role playing games, adventure games, the same escapist pleasure that we get from films and page-turner novels and schizophrenia. - David Wong at PointlessWasteOfTime.com
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #1 on: April 24, 2004, 07:45:28 PM

Shoot, the only preparation I've undergone is a great deal of tinkering with this character building utility.

I've have a terminal case of character indecision syndrome.   My reserved name, The Nanite, was meant to apply to a Scrapper.   Now, I'm thoroughly in a Controller mood.  Chances are, I'll end up playing both.   However, which shall I play first during the initial catass-terfy?   Probably the Controller.    For the time being, I've decided on a nice Mind Control/Weather Control kit... I wonder if illusions is ultimately more fulfilling.  There I go again.

schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: April 24, 2004, 07:48:36 PM

Hmmm, between Ookii and me I can assume the following:

1. A lot of beer and liquor.
2. A lot of lamb pizza. (We have a great meditteranean place near by).
3. Caffeine delivery systems of some sort, probably Red Bull or this other drink, Rock Star.
4. Mp3's? We don't need no stinkin mp3's.
5. If there is downtime I will set up the f13.net ut2k4 server.
6. Cigarettes, lots and lots of them.

P.S. Tobacco is good.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #3 on: April 24, 2004, 08:20:49 PM

Well, in back in my college days, GameDay would involve nothing more than a trip every now and then to the bathroom and fridge.

Now, alas, tomorrow will probably be my only rock solid day of gaming for CoH.

I'm still not sure what I'm going to be, blaster scrapper tank.  Controller and defender don't really appeal to me.

For the scrapper, regen as a secondary, maybe dark/regen as that sounds like the most fun and self-reliant.  Combat Jump, SuperJump, Acrobatics, Fitness - Health, Endurance, Speed.

For the tank, fire as primary for the self heal and the DoT, ice as the secondary for the semi-controller powers.  Fitness - Health, Endurance, Jump, Manipulation - Provoke.  Speed - Hasten, Superspeed, Whirlwind.

For the blaster, I really enjoyed energy, but I will probably go Fire/Gadgets.  Flight - Hover.  Teleport - Teleport Friend, Teleport.  Maybe some Concealment too.

I will probably be the Bat Country Bitch.  Also known as Perpetual Sidekick Boy.

Edit: Expanded a bit.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 24, 2004, 08:42:32 PM

Only chance I have of getting in before 8pm is if by some miracle the servers aren't unplayable when they first go up. My daughter's napping then and the weather looks crappy.
Shavnir
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 24, 2004, 09:52:42 PM

Quote from: MrHat

I will probably be the Bat Country Bitch.  Also known as Perpetual Sidekick Boy.

Like hell you'll take my title.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 25, 2004, 01:10:52 AM

Quote from: MrHat
Perpetual Sidekick Boy.

Pfft.

Business trip monday to friday this week.

Business trip tuesday to friday following week.

Business trip monday to friday week after that.

Nobody outdoes me for slow levelling.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 25, 2004, 07:34:28 AM

Quote from: eldaec
[
Pfft.

Business trip monday to friday this week.

Business trip tuesday to friday following week.

Business trip monday to friday week after that.

Nobody outdoes me for slow levelling.

Pfft, indeed.  Two magic words for you my friend.  "Starbucks" and "Laptop".  You don't need to sleep on buisness trips.  Stay up all night drinking coffee and playing CoH from wireless access points.  At the worst you may have to get a taxi and go wardriving. Im sure you can find an unsecured network with very little effort.  Just remember to set your ssid to "linksys" and your channel to 6 and go cruise a middle class neighborhood.  I bet you find at least one on the first street your on.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 25, 2004, 08:33:09 AM

LOL.

Starbucks though... I may hafta try that when I'm in Dallas this week (Tuesday to Thursday... get to miss the Launch Day fiasco :) ).
Leaddore

Email
Reply #9 on: April 25, 2004, 09:02:54 AM

*yawns*

I just woke up, so my only prep is trying to freakin be able to see the screen and eat my cereal lol
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: April 25, 2004, 09:03:45 AM

Well...I took a cat and I shaved its ass, then threw it out and told it to catass to victory! We'll see how my experiment goes.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #11 on: April 25, 2004, 12:06:38 PM

Quote from: Riggswolfe
Well...I took a cat and I shaved its ass, then threw it out and told it to catass to victory! We'll see how my experiment goes.

Pwned!2!1@1!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Catass2Victory Preparations  
Jump to: