Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:48:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Archived: We distort. We decide.  |  Topic: Review: Bridge Construction Set 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Review: Bridge Construction Set  (Read 5886 times)
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

on: June 03, 2005, 04:11:15 PM

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 04:19:23 PM

I had a lot of fun with Pontifex a couple years ago, I'll have to try this one out too! The drawbridges look like a fun new addition.

Did you purchase it or play the demo?

- Viin
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 04:22:47 PM

I've got the full version.  I tried the demo as well a while back, but I remember it not going far enough to be a decent challenge.

I also grabbed the demo of Bridge IT - it is indeed very pretty, but I get about 1 fps on it.   :-(

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #3 on: June 03, 2005, 04:59:07 PM

Mmm, I tried the demo of this last weekend and had flashbacks to the original Bridge Builder (before they got sued and had to change the name to Pontifex). I think I might just have to throw money at Chronic Logic again now that GW is starting to wear out its welcome and there's no real "next big thing" on the horizon.

Also, they offer a linux version, which certainly doesn't hurt.  :-D
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 05:29:56 AM

I played an earlier version of this years ago after taking a statics and dynamics class.  It was pretty interesting then and it sounds like the new features are a great improvement, I will definately have to give it a shot.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #5 on: June 06, 2005, 11:53:56 AM

After going on to the fourth map pack ("Complex"), I think I'd like this game better if it gave you unlimited money by default.  That's probably just my bruised pride talking, though.  Ow.

JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 06, 2005, 01:20:25 PM

Is it Pontifex II or something new?
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #7 on: June 06, 2005, 01:30:50 PM

BCS = Pontifex II.  I guess "Bridge Construction Set" was just a snappier name to market it under.

Pococurante
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 07, 2005, 12:13:28 PM

Expect to see this and Railroad Tycoon folded into the first Spore expansion pack... ;)
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #9 on: December 12, 2005, 07:17:31 PM

Another BCS contest just started last week, for those interested in such things.  You can enter without actually owning the game, as they provide a free demo which is sufficient for the purposes of the contest. 

I doubt I'll be taking away any prizes for my structural engineering abilities, but the "artistic" category sounds fun.  If anyone from around here submits an entry, be sure to post a screenshot here.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Archived: We distort. We decide.  |  Topic: Review: Bridge Construction Set  
Jump to: