Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:46:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: CoH account reactivated for 5 days 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CoH account reactivated for 5 days  (Read 3972 times)
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

on: May 27, 2005, 10:28:44 AM

Just got this email today:
The recent arrival of Issue #4 and PvP marks a milestone in the history of City of Heroes and we’re celebrating by granting you 5 FREE days of game play! There’s no better time to check out the multitude of new features and updated game content the streets of Paragon City™ have to offer.
From the innovative Costume options of Issue 4, to the Epic Archetypes and Zone Events of Issue 3, to the exciting Zones/Villain Groups/Trials of Issue 2…there’s something new for everyone to enjoy!
Just log into the game between 2pm (CDT) on Thursday, May 26th and 11:59pm (CDT) on Tuesday, May 31st and you will find your account reactivated FREE of charge!* Your hero characters will be waiting just as you left them, ready for new adventures.
But hurry…this offer is only valid for a limited time, and once 11:59pm (CDT) hits Tuesday night, May 31st, your account will again be deactivated unless you choose to resubscribe.
So get out there and defend Paragon City! Legions of other heroes await you. Enjoy all that City of Heroes has to offer…and Happy Memorial Day.
— The City of Heroes Team
*Only accounts in good standing will be reactivated.

Hmm.  Maybe, maybe.  I loved flying in that game.

Edited:  My 6 year old daughter would hate me if I don't.  She can spend hours just creating new toons.  Best character creation process ever.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 10:30:29 AM by Xanthippe »
AOFanboi
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 10:46:37 AM

Best character creation process ever.
They should sell that character designer as a standalone program for $10 aimed at kids. Barbie Fashion Show eat your heart out. With a dull spoon.

Current: Mario Kart DS, Nintendogs
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #2 on: May 27, 2005, 12:05:38 PM

Did CoH ever have downloadable trials? It seems like the kind of thing that'd be fun to try out if it didn't require a full-price retail box to demo it.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #3 on: May 27, 2005, 12:11:30 PM

You can DL the client for the trial period.  You'd have to pay for the cd key online if you wanted to turn the trial into an account.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #4 on: May 27, 2005, 12:13:12 PM

Excellent, I'll go have a look!

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #5 on: May 27, 2005, 01:14:15 PM

I, among others, also have two week buddy keys for CoH... which anyone is more than welcome to have. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Daydreamer
Contributor

Reply #6 on: May 27, 2005, 01:44:56 PM

Bloodfire lives again!

EDIT: Is anyone else unable to connect to the patch server to update their client?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 01:53:24 PM by Daydreamer »

Immaginative Immersion Games  ... These are your role playing games, adventure games, the same escapist pleasure that we get from films and page-turner novels and schizophrenia. - David Wong at PointlessWasteOfTime.com
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #7 on: May 27, 2005, 07:38:47 PM

Bloodfire lives again!

EDIT: Is anyone else unable to connect to the patch server to update their client?

I can connect no problem, but I cant remember my login name.
Daydreamer
Contributor

Reply #8 on: May 27, 2005, 09:32:24 PM

Ah found it - ports are blocked.  Which sucks because my sysadmin roomie is about 500 miles away until Monday night.

Immaginative Immersion Games  ... These are your role playing games, adventure games, the same escapist pleasure that we get from films and page-turner novels and schizophrenia. - David Wong at PointlessWasteOfTime.com
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #9 on: May 28, 2005, 07:08:25 PM

Ah found it - ports are blocked.  Which sucks because my sysadmin roomie is about 500 miles away until Monday night.

That's odd.  I have a hardware firewall too, and have never had to open ports on it for an MMO.  Unless your sysadmin is blocking outgoing traffic....

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Daydreamer
Contributor

Reply #10 on: May 28, 2005, 07:29:15 PM

My sysadmin roomie blocks EVERYTHING.  Its rather annoying.

Alkiera
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: May 28, 2005, 07:31:45 PM

My sysadmin roomie blocks EVERYTHING.  Its rather annoying.

So, you go out, buy a doorknob with a keyed lock on it, and put it on the bathroom door.  Lock it, and keep the only key.

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Daydreamer
Contributor

Reply #12 on: May 28, 2005, 11:49:29 PM

He has the master bedroom, with its own bathroom, and he replaced the doorknob with one that he can lock with a key they day we moved in.  Against complex policy I might add.

Too say he has unresloved security issues is a bit of an understatment I fear.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: May 29, 2005, 01:38:24 AM

As long as he doesn't have a lock on the lid of the shitter, hes not too far gone.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: May 29, 2005, 06:17:11 AM

He has the master bedroom, with its own bathroom, and he replaced the doorknob with one that he can lock with a key they day we moved in.  Against complex policy I might add.

Too say he has unresloved security issues is a bit of an understatment I fear.

Alternatively, have $Broadband_Provider bring a second line/modem into the place for your use, instead of splitting one with your roommate.

You're the second person I've heard of with this kind of problem(other is a person I know IRL), and I don't know how you deal with it; I know I couldn't handle it.

Alkiera

Daydreamer
Contributor

Reply #15 on: May 31, 2005, 01:40:10 AM

Ha finally! With 22 1/2 hours remaining I got it.  Apparently NCsoft, or more likely their ISP, blacklisted my IP for some reason, and I had to set up a VPN with my university.  This is doubly odd because Guild Wars is all honky dory for me.  Wonder if it has anything to do with the smurfing problems we've had recently, or the hackers who spoofed our address last year...

In any case, VICTOLY!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: CoH account reactivated for 5 days  
Jump to: