Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:16:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: ALL ACCOUNTS REACTIVED THIS WEEKEND 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ALL ACCOUNTS REACTIVED THIS WEEKEND  (Read 12523 times)
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #35 on: June 15, 2005, 03:17:32 AM

1.  The total debt experienced by a party due to a single death is much bigger (all party members get the same exp debt as the person who died.  If the party WIPES, each group member is saddled with the debt of ALL other group members).
You know, I just assumed that the debt was divided depending on your group size.  So an eight person group would only get 1/8th the debt if one of their members died, but if they wiped they'd have a full whatever-the-appropriate-unit-of-measurement-is of debt.  Nice to know that I can still be surprised by the retarded design decisions game companies make.
It was divided equally during Beta, at least. I don't know how it works now.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #36 on: June 15, 2005, 05:43:33 AM

Hey!  What's with the puppy avatar??

Goddamn rebels.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: June 15, 2005, 06:32:37 AM

1.  The total debt experienced by a party due to a single death is much bigger (all party members get the same exp debt as the person who died.  If the party WIPES, each group member is saddled with the debt of ALL other group members).
You know, I just assumed that the debt was divided depending on your group size.  So an eight person group would only get 1/8th the debt if one of their members died, but if they wiped they'd have a full whatever-the-appropriate-unit-of-measurement-is of debt.  Nice to know that I can still be surprised by the retarded design decisions game companies make.
It was divided equally during Beta, at least. I don't know how it works now.

I may be wrong in the way I stated this.  I assumed this was the case based on subjective experience - but I never looked at the numbers.  I never noticed my death penalty being smaller since I was in a group.  Also - if it was divided - then a group wipe should be equivalent to simply receiving the full brunt of a single death - and group wipes always seemed Far worse than that.  I played until December.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2005, 06:34:24 AM by jpark »

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #38 on: June 15, 2005, 07:23:00 AM

In EQ2, if a group wipes completely, debt for everyone ranges from 8-10% of your current level based on the level spread in the group. This is before resurrections/shard retrievals. After all shard retrievals, debt will drop to 1-2% per person which is equivalent to the amount one accrues on a solo death after shard retrieval. Over 72 hours of real time, all debt decays away so shard retrieval is not mandatory if you don't play every night. Like CoH, exp earned while debt exists gets split 50/50 between progress and debt paydown.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2005, 07:25:18 AM by shiznitz »

I have never played WoW.
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #39 on: June 15, 2005, 01:13:14 PM

When you are grouped in EQ2 and die, you get X debt, and members of your group get Y debt, where Y << X.  However, if everyone dies in a full group, you get X + Y * 5, which is, to say the least, sucky.

If you are rezzed, or release and come back and retrieve your shard, X gets massively reduced(removes 70ish % of the debt for that death).  However, it does nothing to 'Y' debt, even if those people retrieve their shards/get rezzed.

The only redeeming factor of debt in EQ2 is you can log off for a day or two, and it's gone.  Unlike CoH, where I left the game for 6 months, and came back to find my main with 10k in debt still.  8/

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: June 16, 2005, 09:53:44 AM

The only redeeming factor of debt in EQ2 is you can log off for a day or two, and it's gone.  Unlike CoH, where I left the game for 6 months, and came back to find my main with 10k in debt still.  8/

Alkiera

Aye but you can at least brag about your Coh deaths.  Unlike EQ2/WoW/EQ, you're not going to die to a high level Deer or Rat in Coh!  Whatever takes you down - it will be glorious and cool  cool

"  HaemishM.
Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: June 16, 2005, 11:02:26 AM

My first MMORPG experience was watching over a friend's shoulder as he played UO for the first time.  He decided he needed to kill a deer for fur.

My first hint that something was amiss in this new genre was that such a thing was even attemptable with a staff.

The second hint came when the deer turned and killed my friend in single combat. 

...any religion that rejects coffee worships a false god.
-Numtini
jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: June 16, 2005, 11:11:29 AM

My first MMORPG experience was watching over a friend's shoulder as he played UO for the first time.  He decided he needed to kill a deer for fur.

My first hint that something was amiss in this new genre was that such a thing was even attemptable with a staff.

The second hint came when the deer turned and killed my friend in single combat. 

hehe

I can better that!  In EQ2 my guild mate - a druid - in Cougar form, had to flee from a Deer!  LOL a cougar running from a deer it was hilarious.  Not exactly a newbie area either - we were hunting in the Burning Steppes.

"  HaemishM.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: ALL ACCOUNTS REACTIVED THIS WEEKEND  
Jump to: