Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:14:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Gaming Conferences and Conventions  |  E3 '05  |  Topic: Factor 5 says "Fuck the Xbox". 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Factor 5 says "Fuck the Xbox".  (Read 23452 times)
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

on: May 23, 2005, 08:18:05 PM

http://www.webpronews.com/business/topbusiness/wpn-54-20050523Factor5ShunsXbox360ForGameDevelopment.html

Snip:
... has announced it will not be developing for the Xbox 360, due to what it believes are far more powerful hardware on the Playstation 3.

Factor 5 was previously commited to the 360, but switched after seeing the specs for the new Playstation, with their president saying he was "shocked by how powerful" it will be.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 08:19:33 PM

http://www.webpronews.com/business/topbusiness/wpn-54-20050523Factor5ShunsXbox360ForGameDevelopment.html

Snip:
... has announced it will not be developing for the Xbox 360, due to what it believes are far more powerful hardware on the Playstation 3.

Factor 5 was previously commited to the 360, but switched after seeing the specs for the new Playstation, with their president saying he was "shocked by how powerful" it will be.

I wouldn't put much stock into them.  If Sony didn't even want them enough to try and convince them.

Edit: Just checked what games they made.
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 10:12:03 PM

Factor 5 has sucked for like more than half a decade. Next.
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 10, 2005, 02:42:48 AM

Huh?  The third Rogue Squadron game was actually really good unlike the pretty but designed for the same people who enjoyed Battletoads & the Ghost&Goblin series games predecessor.

Can't say they really matter as a developer though.  But I wouldn't say they suck.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 10, 2005, 06:02:22 AM

Round 1, the unvieling at E3 I would have to say was a push.  MS tried to get the jump but everyone else was far enough along that they all managed to show something interesting so no one got a clear advantage.

I think this is the begining of round 2, which I will call 'who has the developers?' Sony and MS both know it's important to line up an 'exclusive' list of premium developers for launch titles and this looks to be an early shot at MS.  It pretty clever because it plants the notion into peoples heads early, and from a semi-important source, that the PS3 is far superior tech-wise to the XBox 360.

Funny thing is that one of the real winners is going to be IBM regardless of which side ends up being the dominant next-gen console.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: June 10, 2005, 07:09:17 AM

Nintendo showed something interesting?! Shit, fuck, where was it? Was it the gameboy micro? None of the videos I watched off the web were of high enough res to actually see the damn thing.

ATI is a winner also, Murg.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 10, 2005, 07:30:41 AM

ATI is a winner also, Murg.

Yeah, ATI will come out smelling like roses regardless.  But they aren't in direct competition with IBM in any particular marketspace.  My somewhat oblique point was that Sony to a small extent and, to a much greater degree, MS are (is?).  What the upcoming touting of whose got the best tech is really going to do is plant the idea firmly in everyones head that IBM makes great processors.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: June 10, 2005, 07:37:15 AM

The systems are nearly identical and it's really going to come down to the games. If Squeenix produces shit like like Crystal Chronicles for the Xbox and FFXII for the Sony, and the same sort of shit happens across the board like that between the two companies, it's pretty apparent what's going to happen. Going into this next fight, SCEA is much stronger than the companies that MS is holding close. Jaffe's God of War group > anything Microsoft can produce. Also the ICO people (which may not really be moneymakers, but goddamn can they make a game). Also, kickass interactivity with the PSP and PS3 will possibly make a splash. Sony's in a good position. They need to stop this internet slap fight.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #8 on: June 10, 2005, 09:22:36 AM

Nintendo showed something interesting?! Shit, fuck, where was it?

The announcement of downloadable back catalog games for the Revolution.

Yes, Nintendo really has fallen that far.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #9 on: June 10, 2005, 10:13:05 AM

M$ unveiled plans to defeat the tech-superior ps3 with the release of halo3 right?

God I hate console fps, you people who are allowing them to create money hats from that shit should be shot.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
schild
Administrator

Reply #10 on: June 10, 2005, 07:27:32 PM

The only reason anyone hates a console FPS is because of the lack of a keyboard and mouse.

I betcha Microsoft will be releasing one. I want my new mouse on my consoles. ^_^
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #11 on: June 10, 2005, 07:31:14 PM

The only reason anyone hates a console FPS is because of the lack of a keyboard and mouse.
The blurry 704 x 480 resolution doesn't help either. Though of course in the old days we played our shooters at 320 x 240 resolution (or 512 x 384 if we were playing MazeWars on our Macs).
schild
Administrator

Reply #12 on: June 10, 2005, 07:37:53 PM

We're talking about 1080i with these new consoles. The only proper complaint is now the aiming peripheral.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #13 on: June 10, 2005, 08:15:55 PM

We're talking about 1080i with these new consoles. The only proper complaint is now the aiming peripheral.
That assumes you have an HDTV.
schild
Administrator

Reply #14 on: June 10, 2005, 08:29:42 PM

Get one. And if you can't afford it, the next generation just ain't for you.

That shit is going to look TERRIBLE in 480i.
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: June 10, 2005, 11:28:09 PM

Fuck you.

Telling me that the next generation isn't for me because I haven't spent $1500+ on a goddamn television is bullshit, no matter how you cut it.  I don't give one flying fuck about how prettier the graphics in the upcoming consoles are compared to the current ones, because the current ones "do it for me" already.
schild
Administrator

Reply #16 on: June 10, 2005, 11:38:43 PM

$1500? Shit man, Sony and Microsoft have both said HDTV is really the only way to go. On top of that.

$799.99 30" Widescreen TV

I got that TV at Costco for $599.99 about 3 months ago. Now it's $499.99. By Christmas it'll be at least $400 even.

Anyway, don't get so uptight. My response was to Trippy saying he should get one because he was upset that 480i was shitty for FPS. Which it is. But 1080i isn't going to be. As such, he needs to get one. Next time I'll use some green text.

I still stand by the fact that it'll look shitty in 480i.

Edit: Btw, the tv I linked to - awesome tv. Just a little on the heavy side. Cuz it's a 30" widescreen piece of glass on the front.
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: June 11, 2005, 06:44:22 AM

Sorry, it appears I'm still channeling my Blizzard hate into posts.  Fucking assholes.

I wasn't aware they had gone down in price that much.
schild
Administrator

Reply #18 on: June 11, 2005, 06:53:55 AM

It's ok. I just ran to my car with nothing but shorts and a t-shirt on thinking I had to be at work (15 miles away) in 6 minutes, only to realize as I was opening the door that it's saturday and I don't work til 2.
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #19 on: June 13, 2005, 10:35:38 PM

It's ok. I just ran to my car with nothing but shorts and a t-shirt on

HAWT.

Derr... why do you guys think I'm not a mmoger? I can't stand sitting in front of a keyboard fro 8 hours then come home and sit antoher 4 or 5. If my ass isn't planted snugly in a couch, then what the fuck? I am too fucking young and pretty to be havin carpel muhfuh tunnel, you hear me money?

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #20 on: June 14, 2005, 08:32:47 AM

voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #21 on: June 14, 2005, 10:26:44 AM

snicker.

Why did they drop the 'w' from 'know'? It's silent. Oh, nevermind.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #22 on: June 14, 2005, 10:48:41 AM

Telling me that the next generation isn't for me because I haven't spent $1500+ on a goddamn television is bullshit, no matter how you cut it.

Sony says you need two.  Be sure to get the HDMI-interface TV so they can use the pirate-block on you.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: June 14, 2005, 11:11:42 AM

Why don't I just send the company executives a box of lubricant and directions to my house so they can cut out the middlemen and steal my innocence directly?
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #24 on: June 14, 2005, 01:34:37 PM

They would rather stick their dicks in your wallet.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #25 on: June 14, 2005, 01:42:47 PM

snicker.

I did that. Because hyphens are gangsta, y0.

voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #26 on: June 14, 2005, 01:48:20 PM

snicker.

I did that. Because hyphens are gangsta, y0.

I think it is YOU who are gangsta, son.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #27 on: June 14, 2005, 02:04:01 PM

To the extreme
I rock a mike like a vandal
Light up a stage
and wax a chump like a candle.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Gaming Conferences and Conventions  |  E3 '05  |  Topic: Factor 5 says "Fuck the Xbox".  
Jump to: