Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:53:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: The Nameless One releases stuff for free 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Nameless One releases stuff for free  (Read 14494 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #35 on: May 30, 2005, 09:30:56 AM

Holy fuck those support forums are COMEDY GOLD. I started to pull quotes, but I could be here for the rest of my life.

Serek Dmart is a total douchebag who doesn't deserve a single paying customer (who he would then abuse for not being the enlightened perfection of The Smart). Don't most people grow out of that after someone kicks their ass into a hospital bed? Maybe it just takes longer for some.
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #36 on: May 30, 2005, 12:10:03 PM

I played the game.

Serek Dmart knows how to make a game astoundingly complex and complicated, but this does not create immersion.

He also seems unable to engineer any form of design aesthetic, nor can he create reasonable design or interface schemes. I could really only enjoy this game if I thought of a muddled, archaic, hideously contorted control scheme as an 'integral challenge'.

Instead, I think of it as a hallmark of poorly designed games. The game provides nothing to reward or make worthwhile the sysyphean task of learning to navigate this game's labyrinthine control systems.

And yes, terms like 'sysyphean' and 'labyrinthine' are warranted to express the scope of this game's unintuitive and stubbornly inaccessable interfaces.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #37 on: May 31, 2005, 09:48:54 AM

737 Gnomes creating the Great AssHeaded Fuck Machine of Tinkerzistan, complete with 53,753,231 moving parts, 7,920,002 blinking lights and blueprints designed Natty McFucklestick, the retarded engineer of the "Great Moving Machines that Do Fuck All" tradesgnome guild all agree.

This game's interface is too obtuse.

schild
Administrator

Reply #38 on: June 04, 2005, 01:09:47 AM

More 3000AD vs DreamCatcher [June 03, 2005, 6:54 pm EDT] - 49 Comments
DreamCatcher sends along a response to some of the forum comments posted earlier by Serek Dmart about their publishing agreement (story). Here's what they have to say:
DreamCatcher regrets that Mr. Smart has resorted to making false accusations online.

DreamCatcher has fulfilled or exceeded all of it contractual obligations with regards to the two agreements signed with 3000AD and Mr. Smart. Contrary to his assertions, DreamCatcher, not Mr. Smart, terminated the last agreement with 3000AD due to non-delivery by 3000AD of UC: A World Apart. The first agreement with 3000AD governing their earlier products, BattleCruiser Millennium Gold and Universal Combat is still in full force and effect and the rights granted under it have not reverted to 3000AD.

We vigorously deny any allegations Mr. Smart has made regarding our accounting and business practices.”

Sick it to 'em Dreamcatcher!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: The Nameless One releases stuff for free  
Jump to: