Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:06:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Ravinca Lands 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ravinca Lands  (Read 11182 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

on: May 21, 2005, 01:48:36 AM

Some Ravinca land art, thought I'd post them becuase they look so damn cool....

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #1 on: May 21, 2005, 02:59:25 PM

Ravinca is part of the next block I am assuming?

If so, cool. I'm way more partial to neo-gothic historical-type stuff than this mirrodin BS; there are way more cards that I hate than I like in that set.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 21, 2005, 05:04:00 PM

Ravinca is the next block, the lore theme is a city of competing guilds, hence the basic lands are all urban scenes.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: May 21, 2005, 05:25:39 PM

Luv. I just hope it's not as bad as Homelands or Fallen Empires.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 22, 2005, 09:18:23 PM

Luv. I just hope it's not as bad as Homelands or Fallen Empires.

Honestly....  Can anything be as bad as Homelands or Fallen Empires?

Jesus,  still feel those like a kidney punch some time.  If not for Hymn to Tourach (sp?),  be a complete waste.

At the place I play cardboard every now and then, we've discussed holding a Homelands draft.  The price of the cards has actually dropped below what the new sets go for....
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: May 22, 2005, 09:57:55 PM

I'll be honest. Homelands against homelands is fun. It really takes strategy since every card is basically the same level of shittiness.

Fallen Empires vs. Fallen Empires can last longer than a game of risk. Thrulls vs. Spore plz. NO.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 09, 2005, 10:31:03 AM

hints / speculation / rumour seems to suggest that the Ravinca block will be have a substantial numnber of multicolour cards, with the colour pairs each representing a 'guild'.

Ravinca block logo...

The 10 little symbols representing the guilds.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 09, 2005, 10:31:42 AM

Oh, and it's Ravnica. Apparently.

Strazos

Reply #8 on: June 09, 2005, 02:21:43 PM

Well, I already perfer dual-color decks as it is, usually. This is just more cool stuff...

Though I do have some mono-color decks I'll miss.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Xilren's Twin

Reply #9 on: June 10, 2005, 09:03:55 AM

Well, I already perfer dual-color decks as it is, usually. This is just more cool stuff...

Though I do have some mono-color decks I'll miss.

Hope some of the dual-color are opposite pairing instead of traditional friendly pairings like white-blue & white-green;  white-black and red-blue please.

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Daydreamer
Contributor

Reply #10 on: June 10, 2005, 10:27:37 AM

Red-Black isn't cool anymore?

Immaginative Immersion Games  ... These are your role playing games, adventure games, the same escapist pleasure that we get from films and page-turner novels and schizophrenia. - David Wong at PointlessWasteOfTime.com
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 15, 2005, 01:35:55 AM

Hope some of the dual-color are opposite pairing instead of traditional friendly pairings like white-blue & white-green;  white-black and red-blue please.

10 symbols suggests every possible pairing gets a run out.

schild
Administrator

Reply #12 on: June 15, 2005, 05:08:22 AM

If I can run a black white deck. I'll be buying a box of this shit just to support Magic and oppisite groupings.
Xilren's Twin

Reply #13 on: June 15, 2005, 08:48:52 AM

10 symbols suggests every possible pairing gets a run out.

While I hope you are right, in actuality there are 20 total unique color pairs you could have if you use the primary main color, secondary lesser color scheme.  Reason being of course a Red/Green and Green/Red deck are not the same animal.  10 of those pairings would be the traditonal "friendly pairing" between neighboring colors on the color wheel only. Ie Wg, Wu, and also Uw and Gw as other pairs. which would leave opposing pairing like Wb out in the cold.

I HOPE they dont go this route.  I also hope none of the symbols are for mono color themed guilds but that wouldn't surprise me either.

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: June 16, 2005, 04:59:02 AM

Across a deck Bw is very different to Wb, but remember this refers to individual cards, and a cost of WB1 looks a lot like the cost of BW1.

Strazos

Reply #15 on: June 20, 2005, 07:20:17 AM

White + Red is usually an oddball deck too, right?

Fear the Backstab!
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: June 22, 2005, 01:58:40 AM

I wuv White+Red. Cat.dec ftw!

-- Z.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: August 31, 2005, 06:21:36 AM

Mountain

Swamp

Seriously, sell that unhinged junk right now, Ravnica basic land kicks just that much ass.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 06:23:36 AM by eldaec »

Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: August 31, 2005, 10:37:30 AM

The new basic land art (there were two more shown yesterday on the main site) is some of the best art I've seen in magic. 
schild
Administrator

Reply #19 on: August 31, 2005, 01:10:51 PM

The art is great, the card design takes a LOT away from it though. Sigh.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Ravinca Lands  
Jump to: