Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:55:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Shaman spec help 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shaman spec help  (Read 2076 times)
Samprimary
Contributor

on: May 20, 2005, 09:06:02 PM

Current loadout:

Elemental Combat Talents (11 points)

Concussion - 5/5 points
Increases the damage done by your Shock spells by 5%.
Convection - 5/5 points
Reduces the Mana cost of your Shock spells by 10%.
Elemental Focus - 1/1 point
Gives you a 10% chance to enter a Clearcasting state after casting any Fire, Frost, or Nature damage spell. The Clearcasting state reduces the mana cost of your next damage spell by 100%.

Enhancement Talents (14 points)

Ancestral Knowledge - 5/5 points
Increases your maximum Mana by 5%.
Improved Ghost Wolf - 2/2 points
Reduces the cast time of your Ghost Wolf spell by 2 second.
Thundering Strikes - 5/5 points
Improves your chance to get a critical strike with your weapon attacks by 5%.
Improved Lightning Shield - 2/3 points
Increases the damage done by your Lightning Shield orbs by 10%.

Restoration Talents (21 points)

Tidal Focus - 5/5 points
Reduces the Mana cost of your healing spells by 5%.
Totemic Focus - 5/5 points
Reduces the Mana cost of your totems by 10%.
Improved Lesser Healing Wave - 5/5 points
Gives you a 75% chance to avoid interruption caused by damage while casting Lesser Healing Wave.
Tidal Mastery - 5/5 points
Increases the critical effect chance of your healing and Nature damage spells by 5%.
Nature's Swiftness - 1/1 point
When activated, your next Nature spell with a casting time less than 10 seconds becomes an instant cast spell.

All of these points are well spent, I feel (aside from Totemic Focus, that is)

.. but what do I do with the last five points? Do I max out Improved Lightning Shield and give myself four points in Flurry? Or do I give myself five points in Reverberation and reduce my shock timer to five seconds? Also, which setup is better for duels?
Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 10:21:23 PM

I have to go now so I'll go more indepth later, but I will say that 5 second shock cooldowns are your friend. Reverberation I believe it is, and you have all the pre-reqs.
chinslim
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 21, 2005, 10:38:53 AM

Personally speaking, elemental-specced shamans give my priest a much harder time in duels than restoration or tri-specced shamans do.  And it's not just a harder time, it's WTF 2/3 of my life is gone in the blink of the eye.  While tri-specced shamans only beat me a 'majority' of the time, they're probably better overall duelers.  But in actual group pvp, I think I would prefer having the elemental shaman with me because they can wtfpwn somebody right away and give you the 5v4 advantage before the Alliance's superior defensive abilities wear your group out.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Shaman spec help  
Jump to: