Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:04:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Full Saviors Spoiler 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Full Saviors Spoiler  (Read 2443 times)
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

on: May 20, 2005, 02:42:30 AM

Courtesy of MTG Salvation:  http://mtgsalvation.com/?page=spoiler

Random thoughts going through:
As mentioned on the official site, there's a heavy theme of 'hand size matters'.  Not sure how much I like it. 
The Epic cards are alright.  Nothing close to tournament level.
There are creatures that flip into REALLY GOOD enchantments for limited when they die. 
They seem to be pushing suicide black - one of my favorite decks to play.
Godo's Irregulars might be awesome in extended red.  But then, it is just a 1/1.  Hmm.
Weird card:  One with Nothing: B, Instant, Discard your hand.  What? 
Black and green big creature gold card that costs... 12.  Right.  Immune to reanimation as well.
There's an new equipment that destroys other equipment.  Might help fix the Jitte problems.
Miren, the Moaning Well might fit well into extended life decks.
Kitsune Bonesetter is TERRIBLE.  Expect to see it lap the table in drafts
Twincast looks like it could be quite good in blue, especially in the mirror.  Copy that counter.  Or, holy shit- copy that Cunning Wish.  Copy that FoF.  Copy any fucking counter or card drawing spell.  Thinking as I type this that Twincast is going to be THE money card of the set.  Good for standard, GREAT for extended. 

Haven't really played magic in a few months.... tempted to start up again though. 
« Last Edit: May 20, 2005, 02:44:39 AM by Raging Turtle »
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 05:21:21 AM

Weird card:  One with Nothing: B, Instant, Discard your hand.  What? 

I'd be suprised if there's not some kind DD card floating around in there that does at least 1:1 damage. 2:1 or even 3:1 wouild be sweet.

I'm still something of a n00bler.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 08:21:07 AM

Brief skim through the cards:

Fork is back. And it's blue. (Twincast).
Iname as one looks great for Goryo's Vengeance. 12 casting cost. But you have to play it from hand for special ability. He'd basically feed the statue.
Ivory Cane Necklace is the new Ivory Tower.
Miren the Moaning Well will be Awesome in Goryo Deck. (Sac the huge creature before he gets removed from game. Keke ^_^)

Other than that the set is underwhelming. Not bad in the same way as Mirrodin though. This much card draw/life gain in exchange for sacrifice/spell-removal/discard only gets played by the suicidal Atog type player. Let's just call this one DOA and move on. Too many of the good cards force too much of a gamble on you.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Full Saviors Spoiler  
Jump to: