Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:46:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Gaming Conferences and Conventions  |  E3 '05  |  Topic: PS3 controller vs. my PS1 Baterang. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PS3 controller vs. my PS1 Baterang.  (Read 14271 times)
schild
Administrator

on: May 18, 2005, 08:41:14 PM

PS3 Controller

PS1 Controller

If the PS3 one is anything like the PS1 one, it'll be a great controller. Also, the PS1 one is one of the most robust controllers I've ever used. Simply feels great for both small and large hands. The PS1 one has shoulder buttons (all 4 of them) and it's comfortable. The dpad is actually nice and ridged. The teardrop buttons I could have done without. And the legs (or ends of the boomerang) make it nice for small and huge hands.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 08:44:48 PM by schild »
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 08:46:17 PM

Though some people have been complaining about it, I really like the fact that they've angled very slightly the D-pad and buttons. That means your wrists will be in a more neutral position while holding the controller.
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 08:47:11 PM

Though some people have been complaining about it, I really like the fact that they've angled very slightly the D-pad and buttons. That means your wrists will be in a more neutral position while holding the controller.

I'm holding the baterang now, and it's extremely neutral. It's nice. People will like the legs more than they think. It's still not quite as comfortable as the dreamcast controller though.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 08:43:19 AM

The old one has contoured grips. The new one does not. Thus it will probably be less comfortable than what you're holding.
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 08:45:05 AM

Do you feel sad for this controller?

What are you? Stupid? It has no feelings.

The new one is a much nicer render.

-

Seriously though, If they don't contour it, they'd be stupid. The one above is indeed a render. I'm sure at least ONE of the QA guys for the system has beefy hands and will point that out. Unless SCEJ/A/E only hires members of the nazi youth.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Gaming Conferences and Conventions  |  E3 '05  |  Topic: PS3 controller vs. my PS1 Baterang.  
Jump to: