Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:24:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: I'm cursed. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I'm cursed.  (Read 2718 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

on: May 18, 2005, 07:26:21 PM

Just thought I'd share this story of,"I'm in hell, the shuffler hates me."

Been losing (badly) at 2 different leagues for the last 4 weeks.  I think I've won 2 matches in total out of the last 20. Zen can attest that the Mirrordin set I started with was pretty sweet.  However, I never got any cards of use, while it seemed like my opponents always got the cards they needed at exactly the right time.  Zen watched one match, I imagine thinking that it was just the way I was playing, and also witnessed my horrific luck.

Well in the second to last match of my BOK league tonight I did what most say is impossible.   Out of a deck of 40 cards, containing 16 lands I managed to draw no lands on the first hand and the next 4 mulligans.  I wish there had been some way of recording this, because it was just surreal.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 10:29:06 AM

Just to make you feel 'better' the probability of that happening with 16/40 cards being land is 1.00158 E-6.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2005, 10:32:43 AM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 12:38:50 PM

Rofl.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: I'm cursed.  
Jump to: