Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:15:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: CoH End of Beta- Gallery 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CoH End of Beta- Gallery  (Read 4982 times)
Venkman
Terracotta Army

on: April 22, 2004, 07:29:22 PM

schild mentioned he'll be posting some as well, but I got booted fromt he game so figured I'd cull what I had. Took about 30, but only 12 were worth posting. I posted at this page and embedded tiny versions of each here. Click for larger images:

Most of these were from the Rikti that dropped on Skyway around 9pm Eastern.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #1 on: April 22, 2004, 10:14:03 PM

Made it to level 7 after deleting my characters, and rolling up my reserved name before they closed. I'm getting the hang of the doing the first levels quickly.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Daydreamer
Contributor

Reply #2 on: April 22, 2004, 10:49:12 PM

Righ, I owe you one.  That pic gave me the greatest idea for my alt - an excentric, flying, assault weapons blaster named General George S. Patton Jr.

Immaginative Immersion Games  ... These are your role playing games, adventure games, the same escapist pleasure that we get from films and page-turner novels and schizophrenia. - David Wong at PointlessWasteOfTime.com
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #3 on: April 22, 2004, 10:56:50 PM

My first character in beta was completely clothed in jungle-colored camo, wearing a tin pot, smoking a fat cigar and hefting an assault rifle. He was called Kurtz.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Daydreamer
Contributor

Reply #4 on: April 23, 2004, 01:05:05 AM

Is that napalm I smell?

Immaginative Immersion Games  ... These are your role playing games, adventure games, the same escapist pleasure that we get from films and page-turner novels and schizophrenia. - David Wong at PointlessWasteOfTime.com
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 23, 2004, 08:45:53 AM

Quote from: Daydreamer
Righ, I owe you one.  That pic gave me the greatest idea for my alt ... General George S. Patton Jr.

Unfortunately I am 99% certain that that name is too long for the name field.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 23, 2004, 08:54:07 AM

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #7 on: April 23, 2004, 12:26:43 PM

I spent the end-beta event over on Pinnacle server where I actually had a half-way worthwhile character to endure the invasion with.  

I had done better than mere screenshots - I took several cohdemo files which allow you to play back the action.   Unfortunately, the cohdemo functionality was broken in a recent patch.  

Fortunately, I had taken a few screenshots.  

Picture 1 Subtitle: Zoning into Skyway results in a rude reception

My initial contact with the Rikti was in Skyway City.   I was insta-ganked at the subway entrance.  Came back in (The Hospital was also spawn camped, but I managed to escape) and am demonstrating here the benefit of having both Stealth and Teleport powers as I bear witness to the continued Rikti reception to those arriving in Skyway.     The Rikti in Skyway were all level 21.    (Murgos tech character looks disturbingly similar to my own, The Nanites.)
Picture 2 Subtitle: Too many heroes, too few Rikti

Kings Row had far more handlable Rikti, around level 14-16.   Unfortunately, it also had far more heroes, and it was a race just trying to see a few before my fellow heroes fell on them like an avalanche of tights.
Picture 3 Subtitle: Invulnerable Rikti Spawning

After the event was officially over, Cmdr Korik tried to summon in some more fun for us, but for some reason these Rikti weren't aggressive and couldn't be attacked.   So they just sat around in *gigantic piles*, that were eventually manually despawned by the GMs.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: CoH End of Beta- Gallery  
Jump to: