Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:23:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Saviours previews 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Saviours previews  (Read 3184 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

on: May 17, 2005, 07:52:55 AM

Offical previews

Unnoffical spoilers

Centrepiece mechanics of the set seems to be combos involving cards with a cost of 'Return X lands you control to their owner's hands' followed up with cards with effects that are dependent on how many cards are in your hand.

eg.

Followed up with

The other mechanic they are introducing is 'Epic'.

You play an Epic card, and then the card is replayed every time you do upkeep, but you can never play any other card for the rest of the game.

In other news, no more ninjas.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Xilren's Twin

Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 09:49:57 AM

Keeping lots of cards in hand to pump stuff.  That brings back memories or armored falcons sweeping in from 4 color White Junk decks..and other older stuff, and Maro.

The Epic idea looks different, but expensive and easy to disrupt on the surface.  Someone will try to make an infinite life deck out of it immediately...

Xilren, who wishes he had more time to play...

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 03:04:44 PM

Yes. Guild Wars ripped me away from MtGO. Eventually I'll go back...

...like I always do.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 08:55:28 PM

Yes. Guild Wars ripped me away from MtGO. Eventually I'll go back...

...like I always do.

The best thing about MtGO is that you can come back and all your shit is still there.  I need someone to play against at 1 am when sane people are sleeping.  huh
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 08:57:11 PM

Oh, and that black spirit looks like it might make Goryo Deck take a step or two towards being mainstream.  Swing for alot,  sac him out to clear the board AND have him back in graveyard to Goryo again?  Priceless.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Saviours previews  
Jump to: