Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:41:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Gaming Conferences and Conventions  |  E3 '05  |  Topic: TES4: Oblivion 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: TES4: Oblivion  (Read 13299 times)
Murgos
Terracotta Army

on: May 15, 2005, 06:57:40 AM

Bethsoft intuitively seems to realize that this is raging douchebag week and have generously provided a pre-E3 Oblivion hype article on their website written by their head douchebag err, marketing guy.

It says almost absolutely nothing except how great he is at being a douchebag, err head marketing guy.  Enjoy.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/codex/team_e32005.htm

What else do you call a person who writes an announcement/article/essay thats major purpose is too tell you how hard they worked and slaved to make a really amazing demo that you, the person reading the article will NEVER get to see?

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: May 15, 2005, 07:41:56 AM

Hunter S. Thompson just moved around in his urn. I don't think that guy knows what "fear" or "loathing" means.

What a douchebag.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 05:54:33 AM

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 20, 2005, 06:18:15 AM

http://www.waiting4oblivion.com/feature_e3_2005_demo.html

Fan site write up of the aforementioned sekret 25 minute demo.

It looks like there is a good chance Oblivion will spend as much time on my hard drive as did the last three (all of them multi-year installs, Morrowind is still there).

schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: May 20, 2005, 08:07:42 AM

Morrowind is still on my PC, I've spent less time on it than I have on the Cassandra Project mod for Deus Ex. I suppose I should uninstall it.

When I play an MMOG, I want other people to be around.
WayAbvPar

Reply #5 on: May 20, 2005, 08:59:14 AM

I really liked Morrowind for the first 20-30 hours of gameplay. I loved the size of the world- my Explorer side was most satisfied. However, it needed a quick travel system for once you had been everywhere and didn't want to walk through the same path AGAIN. Sure, there were a few ways to do it, but it needed a universal solution- a recall spell of some kind ala UO would have ruled.

Also, the cliff racers were intolerable. Sure, you could mod them out, but that kind of clownshoes stupid should never have gotten past QA.

Fix those issues, add in some better random magics, and I will be playing Oblivion for weeks.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Rodent
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 20, 2005, 10:48:47 AM

a recall spell of some kind ala UO would have ruled.

What, having mark/recall spells working exactly ( And named as such aswell I seem to remember)  like UO's wasn't enough for you, did you really miss carrying around a rune or something? True you couldn't mark multiple locations, but you had devine intevention scrolls for such cases ( and it's counterpart with the dark elf temples ).

If all that failed, you could take the clownshoe way out and download one of the millions of teleport mods that came out.

All I want from Oblivion is a world that doesn't feel dead. The Elder Scrolls series really needs to copy Gothics NPC AI.

Wiiiiii!
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 20, 2005, 10:53:33 AM

There were several instant travel methods in Morrowind.  There were striders, there were mage guild teleports and there were ships.  If you were creative you could get to pretty much any town with a few mouse clicks.  IMO you shouldn't be able to click and arrive at a 'hidden dungeon', if thats what you are talking about.

Jobu
Terracotta Army

Lord Buttrot

Reply #8 on: May 20, 2005, 11:04:59 AM

I really liked Morrowind for the first 20-30 hours of gameplay. I loved the size of the world- my Explorer side was most satisfied. However, it needed a quick travel system for once you had been everywhere and didn't want to walk through the same path AGAIN. Sure, there were a few ways to do it, but it needed a universal solution- a recall spell of some kind ala UO would have ruled.

Also, the cliff racers were intolerable. Sure, you could mod them out, but that kind of clownshoes stupid should never have gotten past QA.

I only lasted about 15 minutes in Morrowind. The character art was so abysmally bad, I could not stand to play it. That, and the first dungeon I walked into warped me into the void between content that most games seem to have at one time or another.

But what I really want to know is, what's the deal with the cliff racers? Every single time someone mentions Morrowind, it's always followed by someone bringing them up.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: May 20, 2005, 11:18:13 AM

I couldn't stand the art either - everything in the world seemed to be made from bugparts.

WayAbvPar

Reply #10 on: May 20, 2005, 11:35:47 AM

a recall spell of some kind ala UO would have ruled.

What, having mark/recall spells working exactly ( And named as such aswell I seem to remember)  like UO's wasn't enough for you, did you really miss carrying around a rune or something? True you couldn't mark multiple locations, but you had devine intevention scrolls for such cases ( and it's counterpart with the dark elf temples ).

If all that failed, you could take the clownshoe way out and download one of the millions of teleport mods that came out.

All I want from Oblivion is a world that doesn't feel dead. The Elder Scrolls series really needs to copy Gothics NPC AI.

See, that is what I wanted (see bold). I want to be able to explore, then get back to any location I choose at my leisure. There wasn't a way to do it in Morrowind that met my standard. Hence my earlier lament.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2005, 11:37:19 AM by WayAbvPar »

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #11 on: May 20, 2005, 12:56:24 PM

I only lasted about 15 minutes in Morrowind. The character art was so abysmally bad, I could not stand to play it. That, and the first dungeon I walked into warped me into the void between content that most games seem to have at one time or another.

But what I really want to know is, what's the deal with the cliff racers? Every single time someone mentions Morrowind, it's always followed by someone bringing them up.

Cliff Racers are fucking irritating flying enemies that infest most of Morrowind, and they're aggressive. You try to walk anywhere and you WILL pick up a few chasing you. There are also diseased versions that can infect you, which sucks even more.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Gaming Conferences and Conventions  |  E3 '05  |  Topic: TES4: Oblivion  
Jump to: