Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:24:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Is there anything worse than a job interview? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is there anything worse than a job interview?  (Read 27260 times)
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

on: May 10, 2005, 12:17:59 PM

Bleh. Just got back from one. I hate those damn things with a passion which is likely why I have never been hired for a job based upon a job interview.  God damned dog and pony show.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Mr_PeaCH
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 12:31:51 PM

Fake it till you make it!*

(* works for things like kicking drinking and drug habits too.   rolleyes )

COME ON YOU SPURS!
Daydreamer
Contributor

Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 12:55:24 PM

I've found a few shots of expresso strait up gives me a nice temporary aura of peppiness that interviewers like.  Also: bribes are good.

Immaginative Immersion Games  ... These are your role playing games, adventure games, the same escapist pleasure that we get from films and page-turner novels and schizophrenia. - David Wong at PointlessWasteOfTime.com
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 01:17:27 PM

I like interviews. I look like shit on paper.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 01:29:52 PM

I like interviews. I look like shit on paper.

/agree

I always felt that I could get any job I wanted if given a chance to interview.

I also agree, that a big shot of caffiene before hand is a good pick me up to seem more perky than our regular gamer selves.  However, beware when offered coffee.  Too much caffiene will make you jittery.
Hanzii
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 10, 2005, 02:24:28 PM

I won't say that I like them, because I'm a wreck in the time leading up to an interview.
But once I'm talking I do amazingly well and have managed to land jobs against really bad odds and tough competition. The problem is landing the damn interview. I make my living as a writer, but selling myself on one page id fucking hard.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to discuss this more with you, but I'm not allowed to post in Politics anymore.

Bruce
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #6 on: May 10, 2005, 02:27:29 PM

/agree on the selling yourself on one page thing...

What really sucks is that to go longer, I need more experience and enough stuff to fill up a CV.  But I to work to get teh experience.  It's a damn vicious cycle I tells ya.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 10, 2005, 03:05:37 PM

I'm exactly the opposite. Unreal resume, can't interview worth a damn because I think the questions are 99% stupid. I'm literally around 0 for 40 on getting jobs if an interview is involved.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: May 10, 2005, 03:14:19 PM

I look decent on paper. Young and have a whole mess of experience and generally don't aim higher than I know I'm worth.

I KILL in interviews.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: May 10, 2005, 04:07:41 PM

Isn't your best job to date interning for a game company?

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #10 on: May 10, 2005, 04:13:08 PM

The more people I interview, the less concerned I am about how I might come across in some future job interview from the other side, because I know I'll probably do better.   wink  For one thing, I don't blatantly lie on my resume.  That's the #1 thing that'll torpedo a candidate for me, and it seems like 90% of them do it, because once you start asking question about all their supposed qualifications, they fall apart and admit that they barely even know what that is.  It blows my mind.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #11 on: May 10, 2005, 04:19:01 PM

To answer the question of your subject, yes, there is something worse than a job interview: a blind date.

voodoolily's advice (and remember, I've never not gotten a job I interviewed for):
No matter what people say, don't "be yourself" unless 'yourself' is very articulate, witty and well-dressed (oh, wait-that IS you, right?). Wear good shoes. Have a decent fucking haircut. Nothing sucks worse than to interview someone with no skills who thinks they're gonna get in because of their winning personality.

Remember, that in many fields it's not what you did but who you worked for/with. This is probably especially true for schmoozy fields like business. Make sure you haven't burned any bridges, then name-drop your little ass off. Make sure that the names you drop actually know who the fuck you are.

Send a (sincere and concise) thank-you note for the interview. A little ass-kissing never hurt anyone, as long as it makes you come off as well-bred and classy.

Dang, this is actually just damn good advice for life. You all should be like this all the time.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: May 10, 2005, 04:57:01 PM

It really depends on the interviewer. Some people will look at qualifications and or be impressed with things like the school someone went to. I really don't give a damn what school people went to or what GPA they had, and I dig deep into whatever they said they did.

A lot of people will lie on their resumes, and a lot of people will intentionally mislead by saying they worked on an impressive sounding project when their part of it was mundane.

I would ask you look at it from the interviewers perspective. Interviewing people is tough as well. Especially if you've already seen a lot of people. Sometimes you get a resume at the very last minute, sometimes you don't feel like interviewing someone. Sometimes you just aren't good at interviewing and are asked to do it anyway.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: May 10, 2005, 05:02:22 PM

I've interviewed a fair number of associate applicants and just try to have a normal conversation. Today was all sorts of "where you see yourself in 5 years" and "on a continuum from 1-10 on these traits, how would you rate yourself" mumbo jumbo.  The head of the office (this is a government offfice mind you) also made some weird biblical/BoM references during the interview.  Overall the experience sucked. The only reason I am even looking at this job is I am being crushed by health insurance costs in my new role as freelancer.

-H.L. Mencken
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #14 on: May 10, 2005, 05:20:48 PM

I've interviewed a fair number of associate applicants and just try to have a normal conversation. Today was all sorts of "where you see yourself in 5 years" and "on a continuum from 1-10 on these traits, how would you rate yourself" mumbo jumbo.  The head of the office (this is a government offfice mind you) also made some weird biblical/BoM references during the interview.  Overall the experience sucked. The only reason I am even looking at this job is I am being crushed by health insurance costs in my new role as freelancer.

You know you can write off insurance costs if you're self-employed?  Doesn't help you now, but will definitely help on Apr 15 2006 :P

And I've had interviews like that one.  Remember, you're interviewing them, too.  Sounds to me like they failed.  Keep interviewing until you find a place you flow with - you'll be happier once you work there.

Witty banter not included.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: May 10, 2005, 05:27:27 PM

The write-off is nice (got 3 months of it for last year) but coming out of pocket $1,100 a month is still a pain in the ass.

-H.L. Mencken
MaceVanHoffen
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: May 10, 2005, 05:47:01 PM

There are many things worse than a job interview.  Here is one.

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #17 on: May 10, 2005, 05:49:30 PM

My god... it's so... so... beautiful!
Astorax
Contributor

Reply #18 on: May 10, 2005, 06:01:51 PM

Bah, regular interviews are a snap after you've been an actor for awhile...try all the same pressures of a regular interview...now compact it so that you have to make a good impression and convince whoever's doing the casting that you're right for the job in around two minutes...now THAT'S fucking scary...
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: May 10, 2005, 06:11:36 PM

The hair... the hair... all I see is hair...

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: May 10, 2005, 07:04:38 PM

And I've had interviews like that one.  Remember, you're interviewing them, too.  Sounds to me like they failed.  Keep interviewing until you find a place you flow with - you'll be happier once you work there.

In my experiences, this is key.  I try and ask questions whenever the opportunity arises.  It makes the atmosphere easier for them too because they don't have to just listen, but you are actively enganging in conversation (see voodoolilly re: blind dates).  Most business meetings (1on1)/job hiring can have the exact same methods applied to them that you would on a blind date.  What's funny is that on no less than 3 occasions, I've had interviews run way longer than expected (6 hours on Saturday was my record, boss called in his partner to come talk with me while he was at home).  This usually means that the place you are interviewing at isn't very structured and if need that sort of thing in your life (I do), then avoid it.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: May 10, 2005, 09:08:42 PM

In my experiences, this is key. I try and ask questions whenever the opportunity arises. It makes the atmosphere easier for them too because they don't have to just listen, but you are actively enganging in conversation (see voodoolilly re: blind dates). Most business meetings (1on1)/job hiring can have the exact same methods applied to them that you would on a blind date. What's funny is that on no less than 3 occasions, I've had interviews run way longer than expected (6 hours on Saturday was my record, boss called in his partner to come talk with me while he was at home). This usually means that the place you are interviewing at isn't very structured and if need that sort of thing in your life (I do), then avoid it.

Of course, just because the interviewer is a dumbass doesn't mean everyone else is. There's plenty of people I'd not want to work under at my job, but the people I'd be working with (and do) are pretty cool. That said, the interviewer (normally) would be your boss, so if you don't mesh with him/her you'll hate going to work everyday. If you can, ask for an interview with the other people that would be on your team .. at least then you'd get a feel for morale and how well they got along with each other.

- Viin
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #22 on: May 10, 2005, 09:11:15 PM

A 6 hour interview?

What.The.Fuck?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: May 10, 2005, 10:06:24 PM

A 6 hour interview?

What.The.Fuck?

On a Saturday no less.  It just seemed to keep going, they were really nice people and I wanted to set a good impression, so I kept engaging them in conversation. 

Granted, I got home and had one of the longer drinking/swearing sessions of my illustrious drinking career.  Mainly because 1 month later they told me that the job no longer exists.

Seems I talked them out of the job being there in the first place.  Damn you middle-man sales!
Roac
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: May 11, 2005, 06:45:37 AM

A 6 hour interview?

What.The.Fuck?

It's not uncommon, at least in technical fields (where I am) to spend half a day or more interviewing for a position.  Of course, at this point it usually means the cannidate has passed a couple rounds of lesser interviews (usually phone).

I used to hate interviews.  I had/have a pretty good resume and never had trouble getting interviewed - my problem was the interview itself.  I'm a geek and hated playing the dog and pony game, as Ab put it.  I've changed my oppinion somewhat since I've had to give interviews, because I've come to learn what a huge asset the interview process is in picking out a good cannidate.  Primarilly, it helps the employer figure you out (hence not wanting to put much into the interview was giving really bad signals).  No employer is going to care so much whether you rate yourself a 6 or an 8, they just want to understand *why* you rate yourself that, and why it's important to you.

And yeah it is a show.   Keep in mind though, when you step up to an interview you're asking a company to give you a lot of its money that it could be spending on other things.  The burden is on you to demonstrate why you're worth however much per year.  Would you do any less if you were about to commit to spending thousands of dollars per year?

-Roac
King of Ravens

"Young people who pretend to be wise to the ways of the world are mostly just cynics. Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don't learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us." -SC
Toast
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: May 11, 2005, 08:21:34 AM

Interviews are rough. There is a lot at stake, so the pressure to do well can be self-defeating.

Some advice my dad gave me that has worked well:  always consider the mindset of the interviewer. You're there to sell what you can do for the company, not the other way around.

I do well in interviews, but I did have a couple disasters while going through the 3 interviews a week during on-campus b-school recruiting:

1. Investment Banking job:  Interviewer asks me how many hours of accounting I had taken. My answer was 6 hours (the minimum), but I spun that i had good practical knowledge. His next question was "What is the first line item in the Statement of Cash Flows?"  Uhhhh..Revenue?
"Thanks for your time. Good luck."

2. I botched the initial handshake with a petite interviewer. I was a little too enthusiastic, I guess, and I crushed her hand (the bones sort of ground together). There was no permanent damage, luckily.

A good idea is a good idea forever.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #26 on: May 11, 2005, 08:42:04 AM

Haha, the investment banking thing made me chuckle. The answer btw is Net Income.

Still, it's sort of pointless to ask that question seeing as no accountant actually creates these statements anymore. They are purely pulled together from accounting programs that automatically post all your entries. Oh and secondly, the statement of cash flows is probably the least important thing to an accountant, since you are basically backing out all the assets into pure liquid cash. Anybody can tell you that a pure evaluation of the cash flows doesn't give you a good picture of an investment oriented business. In fact, it'll look pretty awful.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Roac
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: May 11, 2005, 09:17:27 AM

Still, it's sort of pointless to ask that question seeing as no accountant actually creates these statements anymore.

I'm guessing the point of the question was to show an understanding of fundamentals, and (for extra credit) why it's not often used?  Sounds like it would be an excellent weed out question on that criteria alone, although maybe that's not what the interveiwer was thinking.  I can think of several examples like that in IT - knowledge that has very limited application, but it serves to basically help understand the underlying architecture.  Having that understanding normally makes for a much better cannidate.

-Roac
King of Ravens

"Young people who pretend to be wise to the ways of the world are mostly just cynics. Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don't learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us." -SC
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #28 on: May 11, 2005, 09:21:54 AM

Still, it's sort of pointless to ask that question seeing as no accountant actually creates these statements anymore.

I'm guessing the point of the question was to show an understanding of fundamentals, and (for extra credit) why it's not often used?  Sounds like it would be an excellent weed out question on that criteria alone, although maybe that's not what the interveiwer was thinking.  I can think of several examples like that in IT - knowledge that has very limited application, but it serves to basically help understand the underlying architecture.  Having that understanding normally makes for a much better cannidate.

Exactly what I was thinking. IF they don't know the basics, the rest of the app is probably bullshit.  Similarly it's customary to ask someone looking for a job in Architecture/ drafting who is fresh out of college but claims a lot of experience in the construction field what the size of a 2x4 is.  If they pass that, the next one is a 2x12.  It's amazing how many folks who claim to have worked in the field miss both and it's the simplest way of not wasting your time with the interviewee.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: May 11, 2005, 09:27:40 AM

Rage of the Wookies??

Regarding asking obscure questions, I knew a video producer who liked to ask interviewees "what's the easiest way to have one object appear to transform into another object in video?"

Pretty much anyone with any practical experience gave the 'correct' answer (lock down your camera, shoot two separate objects and dissolve between them), while the answer he usually got from kids straight out of school involved expensive and/or complicated software and rendering.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 09:37:25 AM by Polysorbate80 »

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #30 on: May 11, 2005, 09:34:05 AM

Guh. Wednesday. I'm sorry, but it's already a moody day and I hafta be a bizatch.
It's candidate. It's primarily. It's opinion. You can't just add/subtract consonants on a whim.

Abogadro's number: you will be fine. I remembered a few things when I was driving home yesterday that I found helpful. First, don't put your GPA on your resume unless it's stellar. Most people honestly don't give a shit (I was apalled to find this out). Some of my superiors went to the same school as me and had the same profs, and were unimpressed to learn that I had done way better than them in the same classes. But DO include personality traits/life skills that make you a unique and valuable asset to a company. "Plays well with others" is an example that comes to mind. Buzzwords like "self-starter" and "attention to detail" sound like good but are actually bullshit, so if you can use different words to say the same thing you're golden.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Mi_Tes
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: May 11, 2005, 09:41:21 AM

Since I am lucky enough to spend time as the interviewer - here is all I want to know (even if I have to ask stupid questions because I want to treat every candidate equal)?

For me, it is all about finding out if the person I am interviewing will:

1  be at work when they are supposed to (always be to an interview early)
2  be trainable (always say something about catching on quickly because for most any job you are going to need to be trained at least some)
3  do what they are asked (always say you take direction well and if you don't - learn how - and after training are an independant   worker - no one wants workers we have to micromanage and hand hold).
4  work up to their abilities (bonus points for getting recognized for your work ethic elsewhere)
5  generally be able to get along with others (I don't really care if you are peppy, but I don't want to deal with everyone in the office not wanting to sit near you because you stink, you flirt, you yell..... just normal is fine)
6  act like you are interested and ask a few questions to show you are interest in working for me, my company, see it as an opportunity, and give me the reason you want the job when I ask you (even if health insurance is the main reason)
7  be respectful - a thank you when you leave and a thank you card after the interview helps

Things that turn me off from a candidate:

8  lying (forget it - I want someone that is honest)
9  seeing you be evasive (I don't have time to play mind games with staff or guess why you told me you really like something when it is obvious you don't)
10  unrealistic goals (pres of the company in 2 years if you are starting as mailclerk)
11  red flag if you slam your old supervisor or boss in the interview (explain both sides)
12  red flag if you had attendance issues at your previous jobs (I don't want to be your babysitter to make sure you are here when you are supposed to be)
13  knowing nothing about my company when we start the interview (spend at least a few minutes on the internet or asking people who do know before interviewing - again this is part of being interested in the company)
14  calling me every week after I interview you is NOT going to make me want to hire you - it is just going to piss me off

Remember, as much as you dislike interviewing, most often the person interviewing has a ton of work they are neglecting just to take the time out of their schedule to interview you, so be respectful of that person's time and thank them for giving you the opportunity.  Iit seems simple, but I can't tell you how many people don't.

We never do anything half-assed, with us its either full-ass or no-ass!
To win is not always a victory, to lose not always a failure.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #32 on: May 11, 2005, 10:21:08 AM

OH, Ab..  As for those stupid 'formulaic' and cliche questions you see asked.  Most large companies, and particularly government agencies will protect themselves from being sued by a passed-over interviewee by having a rote list of questions to ask every cantidate.  It's somewhat easier to defend against a discrimination charge if you can provide a list of exactly what was asked to each and every cantidate who was interviewed. Along the same lines I've seen a lot of interviews where it's 2 people interviewing you. That way, if a suit is filed it's 2 vs 1 instead of a 1 vs 1 situation.

It's best if you have a list specific to each job, but if you get large enough that becomes too big of an undertaking and you keep one list for the low-level jobs and then make the specific ones for upper management positions and folks who 'matter' more in the grand scheme of the corporate cogs. When you do this, the questions get ambiguous and, well, stupid.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
MaceVanHoffen
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: May 11, 2005, 10:43:32 AM

Bleh. Just got back from one. I hate those damn things with a passion which is likely why I have never been hired for a job based upon a job interview.  God damned dog and pony show.

I think the best way to think of an interview is (at least in the IT field) that you are interviewing the company, not the other way around.  What others have said in this thread is true, but is from the standpoint of the interviewer.  You are more valuable than you think you are, generally.  View an interview as you weeding out the bum companies to find the one you'll work for.  Do so in a kind, humble manner.  That's right, humble.  Don't think more of yourself than is necessary to think, but think more of yourself than the interviewer does.  Confidence without arrogance.

FWIW, when I go on interviews, I always wear a suit (even though on the job I'll wear a T-shirt and jeans a lot), am always early, and always come with a set of questions that I intend to ask.  Be politely aggressive with your questions.  Some telltales ....

(1)  Find out how much importance is placed on mundane matters, such as daily work schedule and dresscode.  If it's more important to the interviewer that you be on time than that you do a good job, move on.  Those places always produce substandard products because they are full of politically-motivated, upwardly-mobile people who are unable to tell if you're doing a good job (that's why they focus on something even a baboon can measure, such as schedule).

(2) Ask why you are being hired.  Don't accept (again, politely) that they just need another warm body.  Are you replacing someone?  If so, why did that person leave?  If the interviewer is awkward about answering, move on.  It generally means there was a personal problem, and no one wants to get in the middle of that.  If the interviewer is honest about why the person left even if it was negative, put that job in the good pile.

Also, Am I being hired because the company growing?  Why?  How?  New product?  Expanding operations?  Even though I'm a contractor, I generally try to stay at one place for at least 1 year.  Knowing the recent history of a company is very important when figuring the likely length of your engagement.

(3) Take note of when the company wanted you to come in for an interview, and how flexible they were about the time.  When establishing the time for the interview, I almost always suggest a different time to see what the other person's reaction will be.  If there are other candidates and you have to come at a set time, great.  If there aren't other candidates and the interviewer insists on a specific time, that's a red flag.  It generally indicates totalitarian management, with a side order of dick-size competitions over things that don't matter (like the time of day that certain things happen).

Any company, for example, that suggests you come in on a Saturday for an interview is right out.  My job is not my life, thanks.  Remember, how the company treats you at this point is an indicator of how you'll be managed.

(4) Take note how many assinine questions you get asked.  Others have said such trivialities are important because they imply a level of knowledge.  That's simply not true.  If a person spends all his time learning the nuances of C++ and Java syntax but has no idea how to apply good design to code, he's useless.  The world is overflowing with people who understand details but who produce absolute shit because they don't think beyond the details.  I bet lots of MMO developers who get hired at places like SOE aced all those stupid syntax questions, and yet their products generally suck.  If you value people who don't understand how to use Google (or the local library) to find the answers to questions, then you aren't a very good manager.  However, bonus points if the interviewer asks you abstract and theoretical questions to examine how you think.

Example:  "What is the difference between the Set-Cookie header and the Cookie header in the HTTP protocol?"  I happen to know that cold, but it doesn't matter.  Skip that job.  You can use Google to find that, and if you value your employees' minds being filled with such rote facts then you obviously don't care how well they perform at higher levels of thought.

Another example:  "What are the issues around using cookies in a Web application?"  Bingo.  A much better way to get at what you want.  This is a much more open-ended question that forces you to discuss details to describe your point.  This question will almost certainly force the interviewee to answer the above question in a natural way, and in a way that lets the interviewer pay attention to how the candidate thinks.  How someone thinks is the single most important aspect to determining if a potential new hire is a good fit, and it is more important than head knowledge.  Companies that ask me this type of question in an interview definitely get a callback and my respect.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: May 11, 2005, 10:58:04 AM

The more I think about it, the less I want this job. It would be basically rewritting the Utah tax code at the behest of a bunch of legislators I have no respect for.  Decent money and government bennies, but would have to sacrifice a good chunk of my progress on my Ph.D.  Since I don't want it they will obviously offer it to me.

-H.L. Mencken
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Is there anything worse than a job interview?  
Jump to: