Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:44:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: Higher end crafting chains? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Higher end crafting chains?  (Read 6632 times)
Stephen Zepp
Developers

InstantAction

on: May 08, 2005, 10:59:22 AM

I was wondering if anyone had found/compiled the chains of crafting items and merchants that are needed for some of the higher end armor/weapons. For example, I currently have about 200 bolts of cloth, and I don't know if there is a vendor somewhere that will turn these into something useful, or should I just dump them for cash. The same thing comes with tanned hides I think--I've got a metric assload of them, and even the squares, but I'm not sure exactly how/where/if they can be converted to "higher end" crafting materials.

Anyone have any information about what can be converted to what, and where?

Rumors of War
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 11:52:33 AM

There is an NPC in Old Ascheron that converts crafting materials. He is right outside of the Sanitarium.

Stephen Zepp
Developers

InstantAction

Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 12:14:48 PM

Right...what I was wondering is if anyone had the list of the rest of them, or something close! For example, that guy only creates 4 "new" crafting items...there has to be some more out there.

Rumors of War
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #3 on: May 08, 2005, 01:18:30 PM

There's also one out in Ascalon Foothills...another in some out-of-the-way area.

Also, I believe their prices vary.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: May 08, 2005, 02:35:50 PM

I went and got leather squares made at that same guy for 20 gold. I guess they're dynamic like the dyes.
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 09, 2005, 08:06:35 AM

Yeah, I checked for dyes last night and found red dye to be 599 gold a piece.  It seems to me they need to put some caps on that dynamic pricing.

Perhaps you can just jump around from realm to realm looking for the best price, but that doesn't sound fun to me.  Either cap it or get rid of those traders.  They seem worthless to me right now except for those that can play on off peak hours.  Is that their purpose?  Reward the off peak players?  I don't get it.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #6 on: May 09, 2005, 05:16:41 PM

Silver and purple make a really cool hot pink... just in case you he-men are interested.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
WayAbvPar

Reply #7 on: May 10, 2005, 06:37:37 AM

If you think I won't dye my whole outfit hot pink, you misunderestimate me. I was a teenager in the 80s- pastels that make normal folks' eyes bleed are mother's milk to me.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #8 on: May 10, 2005, 06:43:49 AM

Well, I have a lot of dye hanging around and I'll hang on to it so you can do yourself up, WAP.  I never planned on selling it, anyway.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: May 15, 2005, 10:47:41 PM

Here is the guy in the Ascalon Foothills. He is near Oswalt's grave (the quest). And if you ask me that quest is bugged because I can't find Oswalt after I found his grave.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #10 on: May 17, 2005, 08:26:22 AM

I remember a vendor in Fort Raurik (whatever).  No screen, sorry.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
SuperPopTart
Terracotta Army

I am damn cute for a stubby shortling.

Reply #11 on: May 18, 2005, 07:48:39 AM

The vendor is right outside Fort Ranik, but it is only the common "rare" items and components that he crafts. The artisan shown in the screenshot above is the only one that crafts the rare items and components that I have found so far.

I am Super, I am a Pop Tart.
schild
Administrator

Reply #12 on: May 18, 2005, 07:50:43 AM

Your avatar is Evil.
SuperPopTart
Terracotta Army

I am damn cute for a stubby shortling.

Reply #13 on: May 18, 2005, 08:34:59 AM

lol

I am Super, I am a Pop Tart.
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: June 13, 2005, 01:44:03 PM

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: Higher end crafting chains?  
Jump to: