Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:06:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Things to do when bored... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things to do when bored...  (Read 4783 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

on: April 21, 2004, 11:06:03 AM

Boomtown is an awesome place to play hide and seek... though, most of the cities are pretty good.

Now and then, Righ and I go on skeet shooting dates.  I'm a Gravity Controller and he's a blaster.  I fling them into the air, and he shoots them to smithereens.  This would be even more fun if I had an AoE Lift power.  I need to be able to challenge him more.

I have also made a Defender/Kinetics.  When someone starts stealing my mobs, I use Repel and follow them around, scattering any mob groups they might attack.  Too much fun for words.

For those who like roleplay:  Last night some of us made celebrity characters.  G. Gordon Liddy, Wesely Snipes, Christopher Walken and Buckeroo Bonzai.  Though we didn't keep in character or sign autographs, Liddy did tell people to 'move along' now and then.  He even got tells, complaining about his rudeness. :)

Anyway, having a Supergroup opens up all sorts of possibilities for fun and games, rp'ing and generally confusing, annoying and griefing the general population.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 21, 2004, 12:26:24 PM

I like scaling buildings and then leaping off them.  You would be amazed how many of the skyscrapers can be scaled up with just combat jumping (many with just normal jumping).
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: April 21, 2004, 12:27:03 PM

After getting Super Jumping I may very well never be bored again.

Of course the recent acquisition of Hitman Contracts and UT2004 DVD Edition helps.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 21, 2004, 12:28:34 PM

I like the Lift/DD combo :) With Rain of Fire that could be even more fun. Wind, Rain, Fire. Good times.

As to boredom itself, I'm still way new at it (about 25 hours in) and still rolling characters to look at styles and powers and stuff. Even with this three or four powers to choose from, each encounter is like a mini puzzle if I'm soloing. Who do I try to pull alone? Can I? Wow, lookit all those NPCs chasing me. Maybe I shoulda lightened up on the AoE.

I also continually burn End on gray con level 1 NPCs robbing people. I just have a soft spot for helpless and hapless citizens. Police officers getting mugged is a different story though. They've got a GUN. They should maybe USE it.
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 21, 2004, 12:35:44 PM

Code:
Of course the recent acquisition of Hitman Contracts

Quick off topic... good or bad?  Buy or nobuy?  I didn't really like the first one that much (can't put my finger on why), LOVED the second one even though I see a lot of people hated it for some reason.

There IS a PC version, right?  Is it worth a purchase?
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: April 21, 2004, 12:44:31 PM

Quote from: Alluvian
Code:
Of course the recent acquisition of Hitman Contracts

Quick off topic... good or bad?  Buy or nobuy?  I didn't really like the first one that much (can't put my finger on why), LOVED the second one even though I see a lot of people hated it for some reason.

There IS a PC version, right?  Is it worth a purchase?

EXACTLY like the second one. New missions - a splinter cell type shadowing - a lot more ways to kill. Did I mention it's basically the second one? Nothing like the first.

Out for the PC right now. Loving it. Playing it.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 21, 2004, 12:46:23 PM

Usually if I get bored I go put on a show with my main. Storm has some awsome funny looking powers to use showing off. Kinda funny walking up to 6 grey mobs and punting them 150 meters with gale. Tornado is funny it flings people farther than any other power I have seen used when mobs get hit by it they EXPLODE away from the tornado way off in the distance.

Thunderstorm is also a hoot big really neat ominous cloud hovering  making deep base thunder rumbles that shoots multiple bolts of lightning at anything stupid enough to get near it.

kaid
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #7 on: April 21, 2004, 12:53:04 PM

Another thing that's fun to do:  Go to a place where n00bs hang out.  Since mobs that are 4+ levels below you don't attack, get right smack in the middle of them.  You'll notice they do the 'lecture' emote... stand there and do it with them.  It'll appear that you're having a conversation with them.  I did this and couldn't keep up with the amount of questions and /tells I received.  It's a bit of a hoot.

I call the /e lecture my 'schild explaining to WTO'ers why he's still alive' emote.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #8 on: April 21, 2004, 01:09:24 PM

I think we all know my favorite pasttime in this game constantly challenges the boundaries of time and space.

Falling off of tall buildings into groups of PC's.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #9 on: April 21, 2004, 02:27:42 PM

Quote from: MrHat
I think we all know my favorite pasttime in this game constantly challenges the boundaries of time and space.

Falling off of tall buildings into groups of PC's.

I can do one better.

Using teleport friend on your groupmates from the top of a tall building, in to a group of PCs. Heh.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #10 on: April 21, 2004, 04:26:39 PM

Teaming with Graybeard is strange. He constantly disappears. You look around and find a glowing green square, flying straight up, getting smaller and smaller... suddenly it drops like a cartoon anvil. SPLAT! He lands with a meaty crunch.  His hp meter sinks to nothing.  You can't die but it is still quite unnerving to watch.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Things to do when bored...  
Jump to: