Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:03:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Longevity 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Longevity  (Read 3276 times)
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

on: April 21, 2004, 10:23:31 AM

Well I was finally invited to beta (with 2 days left) and I was wondering if you guys think this game will hold interest for months to come. My friends all don't trust me anymore (since I have played so many MMO's searching for the holy grail) to actually stick with one. I just wanted to ask because I may not be able to tell with my limited time. '

It's amazing hearing such excitement about this game on WTO/f13, im so used to cynicism (and rightly so). I guess that should tell me right there to order this bitch. Thanks in advance,

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #1 on: April 21, 2004, 10:36:55 AM

I think a lot of that will depend on the high level content, they have yet to add. And how fast they add it.

I have heard from a lot of people that the game gets really boring, but for time constrained gamers like a lot of us here, I think it will take a while for us to get bored of it.

If they add some kind of PVP fairly soon, even if it is only dueling, that will help hold a lot of people I think.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2 on: April 21, 2004, 10:38:47 AM

I know it's an awful lot of fun right now.  I can't predict how long that will last for me because I'm not sure what sorts of plans they have for it.  I haven't done a huge amount of reading or guessing about it.  I did read that there will be content patches.  I know that there are quests that are linked and involve story arcs.  You'll be able to change your appearance (costumes only, I think) via tailors, at some point.  

I've had more fun in this game than any other in a long time.  I'm thinking it's already worth the $50 I haven't spent yet.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
WayAbvPar

Reply #3 on: April 21, 2004, 10:40:23 AM

From my very limited play time thus far, I think you could have fun trying new templates out at low levels for at least a month or two. Add in supergroups, new powers at higher levels, etc, and the potential is there.

Hell, if I get 2 months of entertainment out of it, I consider it a good purchase.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #4 on: April 21, 2004, 10:44:53 AM

Kinda what I was expecting. I think I'm going to pre-order even tho I'm broke till the end of the month. Now to come up with a name. Ill prolly just be lame ole Slayerik, so if you guys see me on tonight sidekick me :)

Thanks for the replies,

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Fargull
Contributor

Reply #5 on: April 21, 2004, 11:22:19 AM

Hmm... I am having more fun just wandering around blasting crap.  As mentioned, I think a month or two could just be eaten up by trying out the variety of choices.  I can easily see this being a good six month time investment.  Which is much better than anything previously, though SB could have had that without the bugs and end game guild dynamics.

"I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit." John Steinbeck
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Longevity  
Jump to: