Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:40:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: @#$@#%@# 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: @#$@#%@#  (Read 5077 times)
Venkman
Terracotta Army

on: April 21, 2004, 10:20:25 AM

Just got my itinerary for another goddamned trip. Sunday fucking night until Tuesday afternoon. What. The. Fuck.

Well, guess the Sidekick question has new meaning. Grr...
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1 on: April 21, 2004, 10:43:09 AM

I urge you to quit your job.  It obviously makes you grumpy.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
WayAbvPar

Reply #2 on: April 21, 2004, 10:45:22 AM

Just think of all the play time you could get in!

That sucks. If it makes you feel any better, I am willing to bet nearly everyone will be playing multiple characters, so you shouldn't fall too far behind.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #3 on: April 21, 2004, 11:07:52 AM

I will sidekick you and pl you til you explode, if you like.

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 21, 2004, 11:14:22 AM

Thanks!

And hehe, yea, I'd have quit if this job didn't rock and the trip wasn't cool :) It's just coincidental is all. I was moving into our new apartment when AO launched, a new house when DAoC launched and we were having our first child when AC2 launched. Of course, maybe I should take the hint eh? Yet, had I done so then, AC2 woulda been my last MMOG. *shudder*. That'd be like Star Trek V: Final Frontier being the last Trek movie ever made...
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #5 on: April 21, 2004, 11:58:57 AM

It's no longer a coincidence... it's a tradition!

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 21, 2004, 12:00:56 PM

Shit, life moves fast. Big monster management presentation on Tuesday grounds Darniaq until Tuesday night now. So now I can play in the catass time and maybe even avoid the launch day fiasco of a few thousand people trying to talk to Ms. Liberty.

I love this shit.
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 21, 2004, 12:06:17 PM

That'd be like Star Trek V being the last Trek movie ever made...

Well, I don't see any new star trek movies on the horizons, and isn't Nemesis being the last fucking bad enough?
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 21, 2004, 12:11:33 PM

Yea, I gotta edit that.

I meant Star Trek V: The Final Frontier. The craptastic Shatner-directed piece better forgotten. Unless someone liked it. Though I can't imagine how.

Oh, and I can't say I hated Nemesis. It just looked like something some CEO cooked up in a memo. They've been struggling to make Picard a leading man since that trully horrific Generations movie (with Kirk), which is yet another example of the odd/even rule to Trek movies.

Nemesis had some cool gimmicks. At least we don't see Riker on a fucking joystick again, playing flight sim, or the absolutely childish story behind it. But Trek was getting tired anyway.

What they need is Romulan Dawn, ripped from this text I read 15 years ago on the university's VAX system. That was an awesome story, though I never read the second part (assuming the writer released it). Big fucking war. Forget Dominion or yet another race with near-godlike-powers-but-a-surprisingly-easily-exploited-achilles-heal so we can rip off Star Wars. Real battle, real intrigue, real stuff. That Nemesis coulda been. But it wasn't.

Put a fork in it. It's done.
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: April 21, 2004, 12:31:25 PM

I just pray they never try and make a Voyager or Enterprise movie.   I would have to burn down my local theatre just to try and save the poor fools who might try and watch it.
daveNYC
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: April 21, 2004, 12:35:23 PM

Quote from: Alluvian
I just pray they never try and make a Voyager or Enterprise movie.   I would have to burn down my local theatre just to try and save the poor fools who might try and watch it.

Wouldn't it be doing humanity a favor if you burned down the theater while they're in it?
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: April 21, 2004, 12:36:51 PM

Wonderful thought.  But if I got caught I could not help humanity for a long time.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: @#$@#%@#  
Jump to: