Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:23:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Archived: We distort. We decide.  |  Topic: Review: Stella Deus 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Review: Stella Deus  (Read 5081 times)
schild
Administrator

on: May 03, 2005, 03:49:14 AM

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 09:12:28 AM

Too bad Guidl Wars just came out....

Oh yeah, the whole PS2 thing is a problem for me also.

Sounds good, regardless.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 04:31:39 PM

I personally love these types of games. I recently got a PS2 and there are a plethora of them, I wonder which you like best? I've heard of

Disgea
La Pucelle Whatever
Phantom Brave (?)
Langrisser Generations

anything else?

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 04:37:12 PM

I'd put Stella Deus right at the top of the list.

Then Disgaea, La Pucelle, and Phantom Brave - in that order.

Then I'd probably put the Lucasarts game Gladius.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #4 on: May 03, 2005, 04:54:32 PM

There's Front Mission 4 if you like mechs.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 03, 2005, 08:08:51 PM

Front Mission Online should be out soon; it's more of an action game than strategy though. Just a shameless plug since my friend works on it.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #6 on: May 03, 2005, 08:17:09 PM

Front Mission Online should be out soon; it's more of an action game than strategy though. Just a shameless plug since my friend works on it.
When is it going to be released in North America?
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 03, 2005, 09:38:06 PM

When is it going to be released in North America?

I have no idea. I could ask but usually my friend doesn't know any more about that sort of thing than random websites.

I can tell you a bit about it though. It's basically a squad based combat game. You form a group out of different mechs with different roles like scout, long range missile shooter and front line guy and battle other people. (And NPCs?) So it's a lot closer to Counterstrike with Mechs than a strategy game. I do believe that you can take and hold key positions on a worldwide map and things like that though. (There is some sort of global meta-game) Hopefully it will be a bit more inspired than a never-ending see-saw battle.

There is also stuff you can do outside of your mech, walking around in a base and stuff, but I have no idea what that is. I would assume upgrading/configuring your mech is part of it.

The beta test has been running for a while now, I should ask how it is going.

I believe it will come out for the PC as well so I wouldn't be surprised to see them pull a FFXI and release the PC version before a US console version.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #8 on: May 04, 2005, 08:52:25 AM

I played Front Mission, I found it to be fairly entertaining and difficult, the story was meh but still enough for me to want to see it through.  I think they needed a hot female lead for me to care about...

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Daydreamer
Contributor

Reply #9 on: May 23, 2005, 12:22:38 PM

I played Front Mission, I found it to be fairly entertaining and difficult, the story was meh but still enough for me to want to see it through.  I think they needed a hot female lead for me to care about...

Too bad they ruined her by giving her such a horrible French accent.  Le sigh.

Immaginative Immersion Games  ... These are your role playing games, adventure games, the same escapist pleasure that we get from films and page-turner novels and schizophrenia. - David Wong at PointlessWasteOfTime.com
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #10 on: May 23, 2005, 02:26:44 PM

Is it me, or would Battle Royale make a fucking awesome tactical rpg? The grid's even already in place.

Nice review, schildy.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Archived: We distort. We decide.  |  Topic: Review: Stella Deus  
Jump to: