Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:04:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: pre-made level 20 Quake 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: pre-made level 20 Quake  (Read 5987 times)
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

on: April 29, 2005, 06:58:23 AM

I made a W/Mo to try out the 4v4 deathmatch.

It was pretty fun.  4 warriors is brutal and are pretty unstoppable execept 3war/1mo

Man, it seems like some monks are unkillable, some necros also.  Sure bringing a mesmer to counteract the monk might make sense but the she would be the first targeted by the enemy.

Nothing changes the old PvP problem of the tanks run past eachother and attack the squishies.

All in all it seems like good way to get a general idea how PvP works so you don't waste 20 levels.

3 of 40+ matches had serious lag issues.

I wish there were stats on preformance, or I wish someone would tellme  how retrieve them if there are.

"Me am play gods"
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 29, 2005, 08:37:50 AM

Here's a warrior killer build I threw together in about 20 seconds to counteract the 4 warrior type teams.  With this build they should be blind/weakened all of the time, you can take off nasty enchantments like mark of protection, and you'll do nice damage with air.  If you wanted you could do the same thing with a Me/E...up to you whether you like fast casting or energy storage.

Elementalist/Mesmer
Level: 20

EnergyStorage: 8
AirMagic: 12 (+1)
Inspiration: 10 (+1)

- Spirit of Failure (Inspiration)
- Drain Enchantment (Inspiration)
- Energy Tap (Inspiration)
- Ennervating Charge (Air Magic)
- Glimmering Mark [Elite] (Air Magic)
- Lightning Strike (Air Magic)
- Lightning Orb (Air Magic)
- Chain Lightning (Air Magic)
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #2 on: April 29, 2005, 09:08:15 AM

But since you can no longer make a lvl 20 toon with everything unlocked, you'd have to actually play this character to 20, correct?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 09:58:50 AM

When I did a 2 on 2 battle at the academy, I was fighting with a warrior. i was a level 7 Necro/Mesmer. We won 12-0. They couldn't fucking touch us. Between my 4 life sucking skills, my AOE damage (that was doing 45-55 a hit), and Bone Golems running around at level 7, they just couldn't do shit.

Necro/Mes is fucked up.

Too bad Ether Feast is broken.
Gong
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 29, 2005, 10:02:52 AM

But since you can no longer make a lvl 20 toon with everything unlocked, you'd have to actually play this character to 20, correct?
sort of, but not quite. you play through the game with your "RPG character"(their term), and whenever you learn a new skill or identify a magic item, it gets unlocked for your account.

you can create "PvP Characters" who are restricted to PvP zones. PvP characters automatically start at level20, have competitive-grade armor, and can choose any skill or item that's been unlocked for your account. additionally, they have around 10 or so premade PvP characters that already have a skill template. In addition to being able to create your own PvP characters, you can modify the pre-made PvP characters using stuff that you've unlocked for your account.

if you want to lay down some warrior hate, try Enfeebling Blood and Shadow of Fear (both necro curses), or Blurred Vision (Elementalist water magic). They are all AE debuffs which affect warriors in particularly nasty ways. The main weakness of warriors is that if you want to have multiple warriors focus on the same target, it means they've all got to bunch up around him, meaning they're very easy targets for AE debuffs such as the one listed above.

Also, how is Ether Feast broken Schild?
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: April 29, 2005, 10:06:02 AM

It does the little bit of damage. But you get no mana back. It says "+55" but uhm....no energy is received.
Gong
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 29, 2005, 10:12:53 AM

it drains their mana, and you gain health.
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: April 29, 2005, 10:15:26 AM

it drains their mana, and you gain health.

Sigh. Thank god I took the points out of that. Maybe Necro/Mesmer wasn't such a good idea.

Should have made my Necromentalist.

But "Overpowered Schild" is my pure elementalist!
Gong
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 29, 2005, 10:17:59 AM

actually, it's a really good spell :p

not so much in PvE, but in PvP it's quite good. It heals for a pretty substantial amount, and energy loss is never something to scoff at.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: April 29, 2005, 12:39:54 PM

What does a "pure" whatever do better than a something-something?

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #10 on: April 29, 2005, 12:56:51 PM

What does a "pure" whatever do better than a something-something?

Gimp itself, as far as I know.  More skills means more flex.  I am, however, thinking of an Ele/Mes that mainly concentrates on Air and Water.  The theory is that Air/Water will dominate melee and armor, but I'm sure I'll have to fall back on some Mesmer shit in case of casters.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
schild
Administrator

Reply #11 on: April 29, 2005, 01:00:22 PM

My client has wigged out twice now.

In 2 days.
WayAbvPar

Reply #12 on: April 29, 2005, 01:32:52 PM

My client has wigged out twice now.

In 2 days.

Don't try to dazzle us with those highly technical terms...we are not impressed.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
e_bortion
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: April 29, 2005, 01:35:44 PM

Blood Necro/Earth Ele is a good anti-tank weapon. Blood includes a lot of health stealing, dots and heals, while earth magic has good AE defense wards. This can also be used as a good PBAE build.

I got lucky and looted the best axe in the game after about 3 hours of making my first character, so I went and created a Warrior/Necro. W/N is particularly dreaded by W/M because of their debuffing abilities, I have yet to meet a warrior i couldn't best 1v1 (and even 2v1 most of the time).
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: pre-made level 20 Quake  
Jump to: