Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:24:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: Questions re game play 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Questions re game play  (Read 10844 times)
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

on: April 28, 2005, 06:26:39 PM

How do you look up someone online if you know their name?

Is there any sort of a /who command? I'm still playing on my beta key.

Edit to add:
How do I get a cape in pre-Searing Ascalon?

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 06:42:46 PM

You can play with your beta account? Cool, I'll have to login and see if I really want to pickup my pre-order or not.

Viin Arc is my name there :)

- Viin
e_bortion
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 29, 2005, 01:27:15 PM

How do you look up someone online if you know their name?

Is there any sort of a /who command? I'm still playing on my beta key.

Edit to add:
How do I get a cape in pre-Searing Ascalon?

You can try to put them on your friends list.
Jamiko
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 01:28:48 PM

Yeah, in the menu there is a "Friends" option or else I think you can just press N. Then you add them to your list and you can chat with them.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 29, 2005, 04:15:34 PM

Thanks for the responses.

I guess a cape is for people in guilds in pre-Searing Ascalon.

Are there any costs to respeccing my toon?  Can I just shift things around at will, or what?

I mean in terms of Fire/Air/Water/Earth for my Elementalist, for example.

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 29, 2005, 04:17:44 PM

What's with Gwen and the flute and cape?

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #6 on: April 29, 2005, 04:22:07 PM

I hate her.  I would sacrafice my life and have her follow me right off a cliff... if, in fact, you could actually walk off a cliff... or a hill... or bump.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #7 on: April 29, 2005, 04:22:44 PM

The flute gives her the ability to heal. Don't know about the cape. Also, if you find enough flowers and give them to her she'll give you a shredded cape. No idea what it's good for.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 29, 2005, 04:23:30 PM

You can reallocate your points at will, but you have a certain number of 'change' points.. it should show on you skill page. As you make changes you will see that number go down. I think it resets every level but don't quote me.

- Viin
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: April 30, 2005, 07:25:57 AM

I see.  So I can switch things around but not constantly.

That change number goes up as I get more xp, it seems.

I want to finish all the pre-Searing quests. 

I want to find out what that tapestry shred from Gwen is for.

4 toon slots doesn't seem enough.  I assume the expansions upcoming will add to those.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: April 30, 2005, 10:10:54 AM

What do I do with the Tapestry Shred Gwen gave me?

I lost her somewhere, although I don't know how, so it's do-able.

How do you deal with the flame geysers?
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #11 on: April 30, 2005, 10:32:07 AM

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #12 on: April 30, 2005, 10:38:51 AM

The game has been out for less than a week and there are already "Professional Powerlevelers?" Gimme a fucking break.

BTW, to get past the flame traps, use the necro skills you were given to produce a pet from corpses....they'll take the heat for ya.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
schild
Administrator

Reply #13 on: April 30, 2005, 11:02:21 AM

Ya know, There's one goddamn reason that book is good and Prima knows exactly why:

Fully revealed map. I've gotten lost more times in the last two days than I care to share. Let's just say, thank god the game is pretty.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: May 01, 2005, 08:39:50 AM

Once you get a skill, is there a way to drop it to get another?

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: May 01, 2005, 09:22:41 AM

Somewhat related to the question above is, when one is awarded skills from a quest, does itsomehow  limit the number of skills one can learn?

How many skills can one learn - how is it limited?

trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: May 01, 2005, 10:50:24 AM

You cannot unlearn skills.  You are somewhat limited by your amount of skill points when buying skills (you get these by finishing missions and leveling up).  However many skills will be rewards from quests and not cost skill points.  Also, at level 20, you can keep on getting skill points indefinitely by getting xp from either PvE or P vP.  Finally, at level 20, you can switch your secondary class around, thus unlocking skills that you want for any profession.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #17 on: May 01, 2005, 11:01:31 AM

Oh, you can switch around at 20?

But even if I can swap my secondary profession....how am I supposed to get the skills for it, buy them with points?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: May 01, 2005, 11:09:30 AM

Pretty much, yeah.

I'd recommend being very protective of your skill points and not just giving them away to the first slutty skill that comes along and catches your eye,  at least without thinking about it first
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: May 02, 2005, 03:44:11 PM

Ok, you guys have tempted me, I consider buying this game.

I could get hold of an account key pretty easy, ordering a box would take quite a bit longer. Is the client downloadable ?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: May 02, 2005, 04:43:07 PM

Yep, although it's only like 60k or something like that because of their streaming deal.  It's downloadable at www.guildwars.com
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: May 02, 2005, 09:24:22 PM

Oh, you can switch around at 20?

But even if I can swap my secondary profession....how am I supposed to get the skills for it, buy them with points?

Is it possible to go back and quest for some of those skills?

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: May 03, 2005, 06:19:44 AM

Yep, although it's only like 60k or something like that because of their streaming deal.  It's downloadable at www.guildwars.com
Thank you for making me feel really stupid, I was just able to find the "tiny" 'download the client'-icon on the homepage. Looks like I need a bigger screen or better glasses.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #23 on: May 03, 2005, 08:38:00 AM

There are three ways to get skills.  Quest for them, buy them from a trainer, or buy and use the capture signet during a boss fight to capture the skill when a boss uses it.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #24 on: May 03, 2005, 08:41:25 AM

Once you get a skill, is there a way to drop it to get another?

There is no need for this, unless you mean rearrange or replace your eight hotbar skills.  To move those around or swap them out, go into a city and open your skill panel (default K).

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: May 03, 2005, 08:56:39 AM

There are three ways to get skills.  Quest for them, buy them from a trainer, or buy and use the capture signet during a boss fight to capture the skill when a boss uses it.

So, when my toon is 20, I can switch my secondary and then run around the map (post-Searing) picking up whatever skills from whichever trainers who offer quests?  The same quest-givers I would find when I'm level 8 just coming from pre-Searing?

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #26 on: May 03, 2005, 09:24:50 AM

So, when my toon is 20, I can switch my secondary and then run around the map (post-Searing) picking up whatever skills from whichever trainers who offer quests?  The same quest-givers I would find when I'm level 8 just coming from pre-Searing?

I'll let you know when I get to 20. =)

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: Questions re game play  
Jump to: