Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:08:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Chalk up another one for Scientology. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chalk up another one for Scientology.  (Read 92194 times)
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

on: April 27, 2005, 06:44:40 PM

Tom Cruise dating Katie Holmes
She recently called off engagement to Chris KleinThe Associated Press
Updated: 9:21 p.m. ET April 27, 2005LOS ANGELES - Tom Cruise has a new girlfriend — actress Katie Holmes.

Cruise, 42, and Holmes, 26, have been dating a few weeks, Cruise’s publicist and sister, Lee Anne DeVette, said Wednesday. The pair were photographed this week together in Rome, where Cruise on Friday will receive a lifetime achievement award at the Italian equivalent of the Academy Awards, the David di Donatello Awards.

Holmes’ public relations firm — Baker Winokur Ryder — confirmed the two were dating.

Both actors have had high-profile relationships.

Cruise’s first two marriages, to actresses Mimi Rogers and Nicole Kidman, ended in divorce. He was dating actress Penelope Cruz until the pair split last year.

Holmes and actor Chris Klein recently called off their engagement after dating five years.

Cruise in his nearly 25-year career has starred in such films as “Rain Man,” “Jerry Maguire” and the upcoming Steven Spielberg remake of “War of the Worlds.”

Holmes is best known for starring in the TV show “Dawson’s Creek,” and the movies “Wonder Boys” and “Pieces of April.” She will co-star with Christian Bale in this summer’s “Batman Begins.”
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 09:46:47 PM

I'd be impressed if she wasn't just another in a series of beards.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 08:22:30 AM

Tom Cruise is gay. And I mean that he is a homosexual. These dating things are simply ploys set up by publicists.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 08:30:10 AM

Any man that could think both Scientology AND Penelope Cruz are attractive is just not right in the head.

WayAbvPar

Reply #4 on: April 28, 2005, 09:35:57 AM

Any man that could think both Scientology AND Penelope Cruz are attractive is just not right in the head.

A-fucking-men. She has to be the homeliest 'hot' woman in recent memory.

Chris Klein and Tom Cruise- Wow, Katie likes them vanilla, doesn't she?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 28, 2005, 09:43:12 AM

It's because she's always had a crush on Dawson.

- Viin
Pococurante
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 28, 2005, 10:30:35 AM

I always love watching Travolta get stuffy when someone dares ask him about his beliefs.

Personally there's no way in hell I'd do anything to piss off a scientologist.  This is not a group with a sense of humor.
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 28, 2005, 11:23:59 AM

Bah.

We are all SO over Tom. Bad actor whose only claim to fame was 20-some-odd years ago when he was lip-synching while sliding around in his underwear for 60 about seconds. Just drink the boujolais and walk away.

Now Colin Farrell, there's a man to break my heart. Or Vin.

"Vin Diesel is so sexual he's tri-sexual: hetero, gay *and* lesbian!"

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 29, 2005, 12:21:57 AM

It's incredibly stupid now, but in it's day, Top Gun was the COOLEST. Then you see the scene where they have shades on inside, and you realize the 80s were the deathknell of intelligence.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #9 on: April 29, 2005, 05:12:11 AM

Now Colin Farrell, there's a man to break my heart. Or Vin.

I like this pic...

CAPTION: "IT'S NOT MINE!"

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #10 on: April 29, 2005, 07:11:04 AM

Great picture in the New York Daily News today showing Tom stretching to kiss Katie Holmes. Makes him look like a high school kid making out with his teacher.

I have never played WoW.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #11 on: April 29, 2005, 07:20:32 AM

Great picture in the New York Daily News today showing Tom stretching to kiss Katie Holmes. Makes him look like a high school kid making out with his teacher.
It was even worse with Nicole Kidman who is around 3 inches taller than him without heels. Katie is only like an inch taller than him (without heels).
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #12 on: April 29, 2005, 09:02:46 AM

Oh come, on, Cruise had some enjoyable movies.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #13 on: April 29, 2005, 10:41:39 AM

Sure he has. Doesn't change the fact that he's really fun to pick on.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #14 on: April 29, 2005, 11:11:54 AM

I liked him in Magnolia. But his teeth are hell of not put on straight.

Look how one of his incisors is in the middle of his frenum (that's the little stringy thing that holds you lip to your gums). That's where the centerline space of your teeth is supposed to be, not a tooth!

It's like his whole smile just got slid over.

He is to teeth what Shannon Doherty is to eyes.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
WayAbvPar

Reply #15 on: April 29, 2005, 11:19:41 AM

Look how one of his incisors is in the middle of his frenum (that's the little stringy thing that holds you lip to your gums). That's where the centerline space of your teeth is supposed to be, not a tooth!

I never noticed that before....consider me officially creeped out.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
AOFanboi
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: May 01, 2005, 10:36:24 AM

That's where the centerline space of your teeth is supposed to be, not a tooth!
So does that mean he really is an alien from that planet the Scientologists go on about?

I have only one Tom Cruise DVD: Ridley Scott's Legend. Just mentioning.

Current: Mario Kart DS, Nintendogs
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #17 on: May 02, 2005, 07:11:07 AM

I liked him in Mission Impossible 1, because it was cool and actually had a fun plot. Then came MI:2...and it made doves cry.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #18 on: May 02, 2005, 11:06:06 AM

Yet another creepy mouth photo:

I have never played WoW.
schild
Administrator

Reply #19 on: May 02, 2005, 11:07:12 AM

I'm getting freaked out.

And because I care.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2005, 11:10:20 AM by schild »
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: May 02, 2005, 11:11:20 AM

That is freaky. I watched MI1 a few days ago on cable. It wasn't as good as I remembered. MI2 was about as bad as it gets.

WayAbvPar

Reply #21 on: May 02, 2005, 11:33:07 AM

MI2 was about as bad as it gets.

Ugh. One of the worst fucking movies ever put to celluloid. Woo is a hack of biblical proportions.

schild
Administrator

Reply #22 on: May 02, 2005, 11:37:16 AM

MI2 was about as bad as it gets.
Ugh. One of the worst fucking movies ever put to celluloid. Woo is a hack of biblical proportions.

No, he isn't. America makes him a hack of biblical proportions. He just wants to go home.
WayAbvPar

Reply #23 on: May 02, 2005, 11:45:28 AM

If he can go home and quit fucking up American movies, then we will both be happy.

Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #24 on: May 02, 2005, 12:17:06 PM

Personally there's no way in hell I'd do anything to piss off a scientologist.  This is not a group with a sense of humor.

REMEMBER CLEARWATERRRRRRRR
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #25 on: May 03, 2005, 11:15:17 AM

Tom Cruise has a very good agent. There is no way someone with LESS acting talent could exist in Hollywood. He's been in enough good movies despite his clear lack of any business acting to tell me that it's all in the agent.

Strazos

Reply #26 on: May 03, 2005, 11:29:13 AM

I enjoyed The Last Samurai.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
WayAbvPar

Reply #27 on: May 03, 2005, 11:33:16 AM

Yes, but was that because of, or in spite of Tom Cruise?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #28 on: May 03, 2005, 11:34:32 AM

Enjoying a Tom Cruise movie just means he didn't fuck it up, as in The Last Samurai or Interview with the Vampire.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #29 on: May 03, 2005, 01:04:55 PM

I enjoyed The Last Samurai.

Me too.  I'm having a hard time thinking of a movie I dislike because Tom Cruise fucked it up.  Most of his terrible work was the result of him being in a terrible movie. 

I guess that makes me a closet fan. 

-Rasix
Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: May 03, 2005, 01:46:16 PM

Yet another creepy mouth photo:

The result of a slightly-botched facelift or lip work, perhaps?

...any religion that rejects coffee worships a false god.
-Numtini
Strazos

Reply #31 on: May 03, 2005, 02:36:58 PM

Maybe he got punched in the face too much as a kid growing up?

Fear the Backstab!
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #32 on: May 03, 2005, 03:13:22 PM

I think this is simply a matter of his skull being screwed on wrong.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
WayAbvPar

Reply #33 on: May 03, 2005, 04:19:46 PM

Maybe he got punched in the face too much as a kid growing up?

One can only hope. And there is no such thing as 'too much' in this case.

Arnold
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: May 03, 2005, 04:31:21 PM

A-fucking-men. She has to be the homeliest 'hot' woman in recent memory.

No shit.  When I heard he was dating her and then first saw her, my thought was, "Wow, she sure does have a big nose."

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Chalk up another one for Scientology.  
Jump to: