Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:01:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: I need to vent about f-ing thieves 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I need to vent about f-ing thieves  (Read 16064 times)
MaceVanHoffen
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: April 29, 2005, 10:27:10 PM

Just for reference, I'm a Rogue, not a Thief; There IS a difference.

And here I thought you were a Rouge.  Possibly with a froglok tounge.

Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #36 on: April 30, 2005, 11:34:13 PM

They took things like my dad's old football cleats from the 60s.

Why would you even steal that?

"Dude, grab those cleats!  I'm playing football tomorrow, I'll look vintage-sweet in those!"
-_O

If you were a thief, would you appraise every item individually, thereby dramatically increasing the available time to be caught? Throw it all in a bag and sort it later makes sense. What doesn't make sense is robbing self-storgae lockers. No one leaves jewelry or valuables in those. Ab's guns may be valuable to a collector, but thieves want stuff they can fence now.

Well, with the scam he was describing it sounded as if they had a chance to sort through the stuff after moving it to their own storage locker.  But it doesn't matter, it was just a joke.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
WayAbvPar

Reply #37 on: May 02, 2005, 09:32:21 AM

Maybe your thieves will turn out to be as stupid as these ones:

Men Who Claimed to Find Treasure Arrested

I can't believe those criminal masterminds could ever be caught. Look out- no prison will hold them! They will escape as easily as GOB did in AD  :-D

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #38 on: May 02, 2005, 12:02:37 PM

If it's not too late, drop off lists of the valuable collector stuff at the auctionhouses in the area, and tell them to call you if any items matching your descriptions show up on the floor, as they might be your stolen goods.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: June 04, 2005, 11:00:08 PM

Sorry to nec, but I found some comfort for Abagadro.

The guy tellin the cops not to let the dogs chew on him is beautiful. :D

www.baitcar.com

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: June 07, 2005, 07:40:28 AM

They took things like my dad's old football cleats from the 60s.

Why would you even steal that?

"Dude, grab those cleats!  I'm playing football tomorrow, I'll look vintage-sweet in those!"
-_O

If you were a thief, would you appraise every item individually, thereby dramatically increasing the available time to be caught? Throw it all in a bag and sort it later makes sense. What doesn't make sense is robbing self-storgae lockers. No one leaves jewelry or valuables in those. Ab's guns may be valuable to a collector, but thieves want stuff they can fence now.

Yeah, grab everything and sort it out later!  Didn't you learn anything from UO?

Sorry for your loss Ab.

I'd guess they robbed these units because it is was easy, not so much effective.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: I need to vent about f-ing thieves  
Jump to: