Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:26:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Archived: We distort. We decide.  |  Topic: Obscure (PS2/Xbox/PC) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Obscure (PS2/Xbox/PC)  (Read 5169 times)
schild
Administrator

on: April 23, 2005, 10:13:25 PM

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #1 on: April 23, 2005, 10:24:01 PM

Had I the money and time, I'd buy this and fire it up with someone.

It's fucking $19.99.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: April 23, 2005, 10:25:37 PM

It's a short game.

And worth every penny. I played it with one of my friends, beginning to end. If we hadn't putzed around, it would have taken probably 5-7 hours. We beat eachother with bats for a while there too. Friendly fire is fun.

Cheaper than a movie/date, and a girl might enjoy this more than some of the shit in theaters right now.
Strazos

Reply #3 on: April 23, 2005, 10:30:33 PM

The problem being that you must find a chick who is proficient in gaming for this to actually work as such.

Though that's pretty common, right?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: April 23, 2005, 10:34:50 PM

Though that's pretty common, right?

Common as clean water in a sewer.
Strazos

Reply #5 on: April 23, 2005, 11:03:58 PM

BTW, what's with all the Uwe Boll hate?

I'm no film dork, but IMDB says he hasn't done much, most apparently foreign.

EDIT: My apologies, authentic douchebaggery confirmed.

Sure, I like videogames too, and even though I enjoyed Hunter: The Reckoning, I'm not about to make it into a damn movie.

In the spirit of dear Haemish, the list of this guys upcoming "movies" makes me stabby.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2005, 11:07:09 PM by Strazos »

Fear the Backstab!
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #6 on: April 24, 2005, 01:07:25 AM

Hunter would make an awesome movie.

The tabletop game, not the fun-but-forgettable video game.

And even were that the case, Uwe Boll couldn't make a good film out of it anyway.  But we know this.

Even so, I'm a big fan of Carpenter, the villainous ghost of a deceased hitman.  Good character, and they carried him over to the video game pretty well.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #7 on: April 24, 2005, 10:06:58 AM

Wait, I thought there was a PC version of Obscure. The Gamestop Overlord Boutique here only had the PS2 version.

To be honest though, this game would probably piss me off something major, since I'm one of those people who saves every single character they can, reloads be damned.

I played all the way through Halo without losing a single marine where it wasn't required.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: April 24, 2005, 10:33:41 AM

Wait, I thought there was a PC version of Obscure. The Gamestop Overlord Boutique here only had the PS2 version.

There is a PC Version, as per the thread title. The question is, does it come with the ability to play a coop game over the net. If so - rock. But it really is a great, fun, unique experience for two people on the same couch. Much cursing is had when you go to break a window and hit your teammate square in the back of the head with a steel bat.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #9 on: April 24, 2005, 04:12:09 PM

BTW, what's with all the Uwe Boll hate?

Let me refresh your memory.

He truly is syphilis in the director's chair.

Roac
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: April 25, 2005, 09:57:51 AM

The problem being that you must find a chick who is proficient in gaming for this to actually work as such.

Cool.  Wanted a good coop game my wife and I can play.  Only $20, and horror to boot.  ++.

-Roac
King of Ravens

"Young people who pretend to be wise to the ways of the world are mostly just cynics. Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don't learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us." -SC
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #11 on: April 29, 2005, 09:25:05 AM

Much cursing is had when you go to break a window and hit your teammate square in the back of the head with a steel bat.
Oh man, memories of playing Double Dragon with my singer, we were masters of the game, but every now and again one of us would get sloppy and whack the other guy (NEVER intentionally!! Really, honest!).

Back in the day of trying to beat the game on a single quarter, I think we never beat seventy-five cents because of our tendencies to pop the other guy for doing something dumb, or in retaliation for a mistaken hit.

I loved me some Double Dragon, best arcade game ever.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #12 on: April 29, 2005, 09:27:02 AM

Actually, iirc sometimes the 'friendly fire' was to steal the bat that bastard picked up. I called it!

Damn that was a fun game.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Archived: We distort. We decide.  |  Topic: Obscure (PS2/Xbox/PC)  
Jump to: