Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:08:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: I guess the rabbit really is Lucky. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I guess the rabbit really is Lucky.  (Read 1278 times)
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

on: April 19, 2005, 05:16:57 AM

Quote from: Web Center 11
Lucky Rabbit's Feat

HAYWARD, Calif. - Two lifeguards who taped an explosive to Lucky the rabbit before tossing her into a lake apologized before a judge sentenced them to jail and 30 days of community service.

Lucky's former owner, Nick Sigmon, 19, and his friend Paul Collins, 21, pleaded no contest to misdemeanor charges of animal cruelty for taping an M-1000 - a firecracker with the power of a quarter of a stick of dynamite - to the rabbit and tossing it into the lake in July.

The explosive failed to detonate. After pulling Lucky from the lake, the defendants debated trying again but decided against it, authorities said. Park police were called after pictures of the incident wound up on the Internet, outraging animal-rights advocates.

Lucky has since been placed in another home, where she leads a pampered life.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: I guess the rabbit really is Lucky.  
Jump to: