Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:33:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Quick Q: Powers 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quick Q: Powers  (Read 2645 times)
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

on: April 17, 2004, 03:20:56 AM

Just a real quick question:

How many actual power pools can your character get? Also, how many actual powers can you get as well?  I suppose this depends on max level as I've noticed you get a new power every 2 levels, so if max level is 40, 20 powers are attainable.  What is the max level projected for release?

OK, so it was a compound question.  It's 4:23am. Forgive grammer errors.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 17, 2004, 04:02:32 AM

The warcry character builder suggests that you get 20 powers total (up to  level 38). Plus 3 inherent powers (brawl, sprint, rest)

You can choose up to 9 from 9 from your primary powerset, up to 9 from 9 from your secondary, and up to 4 from 4 in each of a maximum of 4 different power pools (chosen from 10 possible pools).

At least that's what the warcry site says - I'm not in beta.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 19, 2004, 06:59:21 AM

The war cry info is correct. Also note that level caps will be going to 50 pretty soon after launch but they have not given any info about power progression past 50 so there will probably be at least 2 more picks available at max but for now 20 powers total to 40 not including brawl,sprint/prestige/rest  with max of 4 power pools with 4 powers each.

So yes if you really want to go power pool nuts you can go with 4 powers for primary or secondary and go all the rest power pools. Frankly I don't think that would be a super wise idea but it would be interesting to see how viable it is.

kaid
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Quick Q: Powers  
Jump to: