Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:03:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Official Bat Country server discussion thread. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Bat Country server discussion thread.  (Read 9462 times)
DarkDryad
Terracotta Army

da hizzookup

on: April 16, 2004, 06:43:02 AM

Ok guys providing they dont loose thier minds and allow us to keep our super catassed chars, which i doubt they will, what server are we gonna play on? I will be logging on around 8:00 or 9:00 est Sunday to begin my 3 day catassing forray but we need to nail down a server and starting zone so we can all be on the same page. I'm with the rest that Primes gonna be a clusterfuck. So where we gonna play?

BWL is funny tho.  It's like watching a Special Needs school take a field trip to a minefield.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 16, 2004, 09:19:41 AM

This isn't until next weekend right?  I doubt it the server set for launch is being published yet.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: April 16, 2004, 09:19:56 AM

I'll post an announcement that morning. It will most likely be the third of fourth server up that morning.
WayAbvPar

Reply #3 on: April 16, 2004, 10:21:53 AM

On a related note- how many character slots are available per server?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #4 on: April 16, 2004, 11:10:28 AM

There are 8 in beta.

schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: April 16, 2004, 11:40:42 AM

I'm confident it'll be 5, then you can have one character per archetype.
WayAbvPar

Reply #6 on: April 16, 2004, 11:49:02 AM

5-8 per server? Wow...that is shitload of characters if you branch out to other servers. Do you hear that, SWG? /rude

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: April 16, 2004, 11:50:51 AM

It's also the reason I DON'T want to pick the first server that goes live. Unfortunately a Bat Country Server may not be picked until a couple hours into the first day as I would really like it to be the least populated.
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 16, 2004, 12:16:59 PM

Yeah, but CoH storage needs for each character are next to nothing as well.  SWG admittedly has a ton of data potential for each character considering all the structures you can have filled up with stuff.  And they made the bad decision to go with a very expensive database solution.

Sounds like the new jedi system will also expand all accounts to two characters though, since the new jedi system is not going to unlock a separate slot anymore.  So so so off topic though.
WayAbvPar

Reply #9 on: April 16, 2004, 12:22:55 PM

Quote from: schild
It's also the reason I DON'T want to pick the first server that goes live. Unfortunately a Bat Country Server may not be picked until a couple hours into the first day as I would really like it to be the least populated.

I like that plan. Probably won't make much difference in the long run, but worth a shot at least.

Xilren's Twin

Reply #10 on: April 16, 2004, 12:36:31 PM

Official post on the beta boards, some of the server names will be...

"Justice"
"Pinnacle"
"Virtue"
"Liberty"
"Guardian"
"Infinity"
"Protector"
"Victory"
"Champion"

Standard caveat about not all of these may be live day 1, or possible others added as well.  Too bad they don't have one named "Refuge" as I think that would have fit perfectly.

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #11 on: April 16, 2004, 12:57:37 PM

"catass2liberty"

"catass2victory"

"catass2virtue"

"catass2infinity"

Any of those work for me.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #12 on: April 16, 2004, 03:02:21 PM

I kind of like Champion, just so I can sit and hum "We are the Champions" to my self every time I log in.

Or infinity.
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #13 on: April 16, 2004, 03:12:30 PM

Quote from: Morphiend
Or infinity.

Is that just so you can yell "To Infinity and Beyond!" before every attack?
Valmorian
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: April 16, 2004, 03:40:18 PM

I kind of like Champion, just so I can sit and hum "We are the Champions" to my self every time I log in.

Or infinity.

I have a feeling this server will be one of the most crowded, if for no other reason than every superhero gaming geek is familiar with the most prominent superhero RPG: Champions.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #15 on: April 16, 2004, 03:46:59 PM

Or infinity.

I hate that song and a pox on you for sticking it in my head.  It'll take hours, maybe days, to get it out of there!  You knew that, too, didn't you?

Anyway, I like Liberty.  It's the closest thing they have to Anarchy.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #16 on: April 16, 2004, 04:13:14 PM

Quote from: Signe

Or infinity.

I hate that song and a pox on you for sticking it in my head.  It'll take hours, maybe days, to get it out of there!  You knew that, too, didn't you?

Anyway, I like Liberty.  It's the closest thing they have to Anarchy.

[Song] WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, NO TIME FOR LOSERS, 'CAUSE WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS of the world.[/song]
schild
Administrator

Reply #17 on: April 16, 2004, 04:44:55 PM

Quote from: Freddie Mercury
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, NO TIME FOR LOSERS, 'CAUSE WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS of the world.

Fixed.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: April 17, 2004, 02:30:56 AM

Seems a consensus is forming o the unoffcial European server being Guardian.

So I suspect I will be playing there.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
schild
Administrator

Reply #19 on: April 17, 2004, 02:34:37 AM

I tried to avoid the Europeans in SW:G. Well, specifically the Italians. Didn't happen. This time their warning me. I like that.

Edit: I'm an Italian American. We don't mix with people from the motherland, except for the 20-35 year old women. Xenophobia is hard.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #20 on: April 17, 2004, 10:36:05 AM

My mum was born in Italy.  She was a saint, of course.  If she were alive today she would have said, "Fuck you, you slimey little WOP."

I am not opposed to playing on the unofficial Euro server.  If they add PvP to the game, perhaps I can bag me some REAL nazis.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #21 on: April 19, 2004, 10:23:32 AM

Quote from: Signe

Or infinity.

Just do what I do. Think of the theme song to "Green Acres." Works every time.

I'm open to any of them that doesn't suck. And the one that isn't flooded over with Frenchies is good too.

Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #22 on: April 19, 2004, 10:48:41 AM

Quote from: HaemishM
I'm open to any of them that doesn't suck. And the one that isn't flooded over with Frenchies is good too.

Agreed. No Frenchies please.
DarkDryad
Terracotta Army

da hizzookup

Reply #23 on: April 19, 2004, 11:20:09 AM

I can see it now:

Randome Franch Guy: Excuse em...
 BANG! POW! BOF! ZOWIE! WACKO! ZOT! ZING! PACHONG!
Bat Country Guys:  Muwahahahahaha

Random French Guy: Ghey!
BANG! POWIE! SCHAK! DING! BANG! ZOT!

Bat Country Guys: n00bler!

BWL is funny tho.  It's like watching a Special Needs school take a field trip to a minefield.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #24 on: April 19, 2004, 06:57:30 PM

Green Acres.  Thanks for that.

You sick bastard.

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: April 20, 2004, 05:51:28 AM

Some of the best friends I've made in these games have been on the unofficial European servers, so I wouldn't at all be opposed to playing on one of them.

I'll just hit Refresh here every so often leading into Sunday evening.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Official Bat Country server discussion thread.  
Jump to: