Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:46:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Type 2 Decklist, White Weenie 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Type 2 Decklist, White Weenie  (Read 5148 times)
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

on: April 04, 2005, 09:25:50 PM

Okay,  some WW decks are surfacing in the metagame now that affinity is cleared out.  Just going to post a quick list that I see alot of potential in for people to play around with,  if they so desire.

White Weenie

4 Samuri of the Pale Curtain
4 Lanter Kami
4 Hokori, Dust Drinker (this is your I WIN! card against slower decks)
3 Isamaru, Hound of Konda
4 Leonine Skyhunter
4 Eight and a half Tails/Auriok Champion

3 Raise the Alarm
4 Ghostly Prison
4 Jitte
3 Otherworldly Journey
3 Glorius Anthem

4 Chrome Mox
16 Plains

Feel free to sub some things for the expensive cards.  Pretty much, get a couple beaters down,  play Anthem or Jitte,  than lock up the board with Hokori.  Auriok Champion works well if you're seeing alot of red beats/burn.  Ghostly Prison for Green Rude Awakening/Beacon decks.  Otherworldy Journey to clear out stubborn blockers,  or to save a creature from a Wrath effect.

Alot of net deck WW out there,  but most haven't caught on to the brillance of Hikori and Ghostly Prison.

Still trying to push around a Monowhite Deck,  and a scepter deck.

Going to make a go at W/G Lifegain again soon.  Just for the pure pleasure of HUGE Ageless Entity.

Edit:  sorry if I goof any of the spellings....  Champs cards are a pain to do from memory.
Edit 2: Hokori spelling is now correct.  He's pricey, too.  Cardboard, you're still able to get him pretty cheaply.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2005, 07:21:37 PM by Johny Cee »
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 05, 2005, 02:16:23 AM

Isn't Jitte legendary?

If so, you probably don't need 4 of them (since two identical legends on the same board annihilate one another). Same goes for 8 & a half tails. And Hokori. And Isamaru. I'd probably bump them down to 2 each.

Then with the space that creates pairing 8.5 tails with Pious Kitsune is worth a go (1 health per turn per counter, gain one counter each upkeep).

Other replacements might be Kitsune blademaster, sensei golden tail, mothriders, kabuto moth, law kami etc.

Also, Ghostly Prison is great, but I've seen it better used to in  big-creature decks to hold off the bad guys until your own fat spirits are out, remember it won't stop your opponent building board position and being able to block your weenies. Wouldn't Cage of Hands (enchant creature - can't block or attack) or Reciprocate (remove a creature that has damaged you this turn) be better choices in this deck?

However, you should probably discount everything I ever say about deck construction simply becuase a barely have a clue what I am talking about.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: April 05, 2005, 07:04:36 AM

Running 4 jitte is a little stupid. I'd much rather run something like Wargear.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #3 on: April 05, 2005, 09:32:49 AM

Well, doesn't running 4 make the deck more consistent? Without artifact-fetching creatures, you need to rely on being able to simply draw a jitte.

Also, ghostly prison, if dropped early in the game, can be devastating. Especially if you manage to somehow drop TWO, which happened to me recently...it was not fun.

Also, since it looks to me that you have plenty of 1/2 drops, you may want to consider Skyhunter Skirmisher instead (1/1 flying, double strike, 1WW).

I would also drop a Pale Curtain and add an Anthem. You can never have too many of those on the board.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: April 05, 2005, 09:37:21 AM

I run a Genju Deck with Ghostly Prisons. If I can get 2 prisons down and have a Genju of the Realms out (with 4 and 3 that's not that hard), it can be pretty devestating. I think I'm going to make it a 2 color deck (GW) instead of 4 colors with red splashed.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 05, 2005, 03:52:39 PM

Okay, couple of things....

Legends --  If you are playing a legend because it's a solid creature (Isamaru),  I generally go with 3.  It ensures you draw it,  and you don't tend to draw too many.

You want 4 copies of "win condition" legends.  A resolved Hikori is game against a slow deck.  Jitte is generally game.  (And Jitte will die.  Alot.  There's still arty removal in the format and people recognize it as a wrecking ball.)  Eight and a Half Tails is fairly broken (and also tends to draw creature kill almost immediately).

Pale Curtain is a 2 drop,  and his abilities are good.  The "remove from game" ability shuts down alot of Witness recursion.

The 3 cc 1/1 flyer.... NO.

One and two drops are important in this deck ESPECIALLY because,  with Hikori and a Mox in play,  you can pretty much play anything your turn.  While your opponent is stalled out untapping.

Also:  I had 3 hours playtesting with this the other night.  Trust me,  this is a decent set up.  I was getting pounded by it,  tried a counter-burn deck and a mediocre B/G build.

And eldaec.... the only white creature you mentioned worth playing is Kami of the Ancient Law.  Which SHOULD be either main or sideboard.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 05, 2005, 07:19:54 PM

Big Clarification:  I was talking about Hokori, Dust Drinker (2/2, can only untap 1 land a turn).  My poor addled brain had me typing Hikara,  which is a 4/4 not great white creature.  Sorry,  will edit my original post.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Type 2 Decklist, White Weenie  
Jump to: