Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:31:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Launchday 'Test' today. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Launchday 'Test' today.  (Read 6775 times)
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

on: April 15, 2004, 06:57:37 AM

All servers but prime going down.  All testers asked to make three characters and run them through the tutorial and the first contact mission.  It will surely be real painful, but I will try and do my part if I can connect this afternoon after work.

Won't be much 'fun' playing going on today, but it is a good test to run to see if they can find any room for improvement.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 15, 2004, 07:45:16 AM

Yup its bound to be oogly tonight but I still recommend everybody do as they ask. It is better to kick the server in the nuts hard now than to wait till opening day for it to happen.

Kaid
daveNYC
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 15, 2004, 12:32:43 PM

They're actually going to try testing the login servers with a heavy load?  It's like they've learned from history or something.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 15, 2004, 01:07:26 PM

From one of the devs recent posts it looks like the server they are going to use for it won't be prime. If this is the case it would be a good idea to keep the majority from just playing their main stick folks on a fresh server where they have no mains.

And yes it is a very good test now setting it to crushify their character creation newbie zones and the intial missions with a WAY over max capacity server. Very good worse case senario to see what falls down and goes bang.

kaid
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #4 on: April 15, 2004, 01:13:57 PM

They are going to be testing with Justice and taking all the other servers down. You'll have no choice but to make a new character on Justice, since they wiped Justice and will take all the others down.

Meaning, if you want to get on, you will HAVE to test. Nice way to make the beta test actually mean something.

schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: April 15, 2004, 01:14:58 PM

Finished creating Character, finished Tutorial, got level 4. About 35 minutes. IN THE NAME OF JUSTICE!
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 15, 2004, 01:22:13 PM

Now do it two more times! Heheh I have no problem with it specially since every character gets some fun powers right from the start. I am going mess around with a few combos I wanted to try when I get home.

Kaid
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 15, 2004, 02:12:17 PM

Are they actually down to just Prime yet?  This afternoon they wre still running pinnacle or justice as well. (I forget which)
Aslan
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 15, 2004, 02:17:46 PM

This will be fun.  I have a problem of attachment to my main, and I really wanted to try a couple of other combinations and couldn't bring myself to because I wanted to get 14 for full flight.  Now I am made to, AND I am doing a service for the game.  I AM a hero!
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: April 15, 2004, 02:20:53 PM

Yeah, I want my super speed.  Then I will spend the next two days just randomly running around places and giggling like a schoolgirl.  Then I will spend a few days leveling and probably get super jump as well.  Repeat.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #10 on: April 15, 2004, 03:22:19 PM

Faster than a speeding bullet, able to leap buildings in a single bound, up in the sky. Its a bird, its a plane, its superman.

Oh wait, thats just a catass in tights.
Alrindel
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: April 15, 2004, 03:33:46 PM

First interesting discovery: the newbie zone in the tutorial area stopped spawning mobs, making it impossible to complete the newbie missions and get OUT of the tutorial.  Server rebootage ensues.

Better to find this out today than on launch day!
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #12 on: April 15, 2004, 03:38:48 PM

Quote from: Alrindel
First interesting discovery: the newbie zone in the tutorial area stopped spawning mobs, making it impossible to complete the newbie missions and get OUT of the tutorial.  Server rebootage ensues.

Visions of AO.  I remember not being able to leave the newbie spawning grounds at one point during the launch.

-Rasix
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #13 on: April 15, 2004, 04:30:49 PM

Quote from: Rasix
Quote from: Alrindel

Visions of AO.  I remember not being able to leave the newbie spawning grounds at one point during the launch.

Only at one point? I remember being stuck in the newbie area several time. Also, due to lag, I remember it taking over an hour to trade with some one. No idea why I didnt log out and just go out side or some thing. *shudder*.

Im kind of interested to make a few new characters. I think I will give the controller a go, and maybe a new defender or blaster.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: April 16, 2004, 04:57:14 AM

You know, as an aside, Controllers are so much frigging fun that half the supergroup is gonna be one. On the upside, in pairs or greater, Controllers absolutely rip shit up.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Xilren's Twin

Reply #15 on: April 16, 2004, 12:42:23 PM

This just in, another launch day test today....

Additional Justice Server Tests! 4/16 #244186 - 04/16/04 12:30 PM
Hello Testers!

We wanted to let you know right away that we will be conducting another “Launch Day Test” either today (possibly at 4pm CST) and/or tomorrow. We’re sorry that the info can’t be more specific, but there are various factors influencing the exact times. However, should you login and find Justice the only server available, you can bet the test is on. Once again, you will find the server wiped, so please create brand new characters. As in our earlier test, we want players to make three new heroes, take each of them through the entire tutorial process, and have them go on one mission. After completing these objectives, testers will be free to raise havoc with villains as usual until the other servers are back online. Thanks once again for your help with this! These tests are really helping us  

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #16 on: April 16, 2004, 01:00:02 PM

Something about a company actually using a beta to test things in preparation for launch brings a tear to my eye.
Daydreamer
Contributor

Reply #17 on: April 16, 2004, 02:37:23 PM

Second Launch Test today with Justice.  Noob mobs still won't respawn.

The stability now, save a few ATI specific problems, and their willingness ot test things are both huge points in their favor, but their inability to solve this problem bodes ill for the game should just one game breaker bug get into the works in future patches.

Immaginative Immersion Games  ... These are your role playing games, adventure games, the same escapist pleasure that we get from films and page-turner novels and schizophrenia. - David Wong at PointlessWasteOfTime.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Launchday 'Test' today.  
Jump to: