Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:37:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: See (Apple) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: See (Apple)  (Read 954 times)
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

on: August 27, 2023, 03:40:31 PM

I dutifully ignored the ads for See for a while because ugh who has energy to start watching another postapocalyptic fantasy epic kind of thing, but now we're binging it and it's pretty good mostly.

The first season is the best, I think, because they do a nice slow burn revealing the world and characters in a way that feels sort of believable and unique.  We're in season 3 now and it's a lot more schlocky.  Still fun but it feels more like Generic Fantasy Series #493.

So far I've counted 3 crossover actors from Warrior so that's cool.

I googled "what is sibeth's accent" the other day and was gratified to find a reddit full of people who agreed that whatever she's doing, it's the most annoying thing on earth.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1 on: August 27, 2023, 05:42:18 PM

Sibeth’s accent is indeed very fucking annoying. Worst thing about the show for me.

I think season 2 worked the best for me because it was now working in a fully established world at that point.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #2 on: August 28, 2023, 04:02:54 PM

I loved Sibeth, but then I dig bugfuck characters where the actor just goes for it.

Most annoying thing for me was the two kids.  Drove me nuts.

The show for me was all about the combat scenes as it had some of the best fight choreography I've seen for a bit and I thought Mamoa brought some really cool physicality to his moves.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #3 on: August 28, 2023, 05:59:28 PM

One of the kids was fine.

One sucked.

You know which one.

My thought with Momoa’s fighting was, “How the fuck tough are Baba Voss’s abs for all that crouched badassery? Don’t get me started on the knees. Just lights the hell out awesome. Blind Fury indeed.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #4 on: August 28, 2023, 07:51:09 PM

Momoa was just all kinds of awesome in this show.  "Retired badass turned mild mannered dad" is a well worn trope but damn did he do it well.

All the sighted characters drove me nuts by the end.  It was one of the reasons I liked s1 best, you really got this sense of sight as being a superpower in a land of blind people, one that lets you travel faster and strike people dead without anyone knowing you're there.  By s3, you have blind people jogging through rough terrain and firing catapults with pinpoint precision while sighted people insist on getting themselves in grappling matches at every opportunity.  I was yelling a lot of angry tactical advice at the screen.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: See (Apple)  
Jump to: