Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:09:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Ahsoka (Disney+) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ahsoka (Disney+)  (Read 6128 times)
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #70 on: September 24, 2023, 12:27:36 PM

Fortunately, nothing about this series inspired me to want to learn more about the characters.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: September 26, 2023, 03:42:14 AM

I went back and watched Rebels after the first two episodes of this so I could have some clue who everyone is, and it definitely helped.  But I feel like I'm still missing something, and I haven't found any other references outside of maybe a run of Rebels comics?  No idea when Ahsoka trained and apparently abandoned Sabine, or when Sabine's family died.  But Rebels is definitely the thing to watch for catching up on the majority of the "wait, who is that?" moments.

Its been super unclear. But I'm 99% sure we are supposed to understand that Sabine's family died in the mandalore purge that we've heard about in the other show. And that Ahsoka stopped Sabine returning to get killed - or get so mad that she turned into lady vader, which led to Sabine throwing a tantrum and Ahsoka deciding not to train her further.

Why Ahsoka was training her in the first place, is entirely unclear. But the timeline must be just be after the start of GCW (when rebels ends) and before RotJ (because otherwise there would be no empire to purge anything).

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: September 29, 2023, 12:44:49 PM

The last scene of Rebels was Ahsoka and Sabine teaming up to go look for Ezra wasn't it? I imagine it seemed like a good idea to train her while they were at it. As much as I dislike Ahsoka and Sabine in this they completely nailed Ezra and Thrawn.

I am the .00000001428%
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: September 29, 2023, 12:48:46 PM

Fwiw I quite liked 6 and 7.

People being idiots less often. Less Hera.

I like Ezra. I like Thrawn. I feel sad for not getting a Disney+ show based around Ezra and his Muppet friends foiling the dastardly plans of Thrawn and the witch ladies. I could even start to see flashes of Sabine Wren once she met up with Ezra.

You do benefit from having seen rebels now. Because the idea of the Thrawn/Ezra relationship is quite neat. Thrawn is almost entirely inscrutable but I love how fucking furious he is that Ezra trapped him on this planet.

Still too much portent and not enough fun. But it's looking up.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 12:55:25 PM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #74 on: September 29, 2023, 05:15:46 PM

You can never have too much Hera. Have you seen Mary Elizabeth Winstead's ass?

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #75 on: October 03, 2023, 08:21:41 PM

Well that really didn't feel like it went anywhere. 8 episode setup for another season or a movie or something.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: October 04, 2023, 05:26:21 PM

Or something. Like, I have no confidence now that anything they do is a down payment on something they're gonna do. Nobody's in charge overall.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #77 on: October 05, 2023, 01:31:38 AM

What a complete waste of time.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: October 05, 2023, 05:46:22 AM

Well that really didn't feel like it went anywhere. 8 episode setup for another season or a movie or something.

I think it was a setup for a movie Dave Filoni is making. I do think it left far too much unresolved and will the movie work without the series? I think it'd be best to just go with a Season 2 and resolve at least some of the lingering plot threads.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: October 05, 2023, 07:36:22 AM

Endless set ups without payoffs are killing Star Wars and Marvel.

I am the .00000001428%
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #80 on: October 05, 2023, 08:58:32 AM

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #81 on: October 05, 2023, 04:08:47 PM

I think it was a setup for a movie Dave Filoni is making. I do think it left far too much unresolved and will the movie work without the series? I think it'd be best to just go with a Season 2 and resolve at least some of the lingering plot threads.

I'm sure the original plan was that this was going to partly lead in to the movie(s) they've been talking about tie-in with Mando and Boba Fett and all that. Between the strikes and Iger having previously talked about pulling back and cost-cutting I'll be surprised if that ends up still being the plan. Beyond Skeleton Crew, The Acolyte which have already completed filming, Mando season 4 already written, and presumably another season of Andor, every other Star Wars project seems to be in limbo while they try to figure out an actual plan.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #82 on: October 05, 2023, 09:33:53 PM

Have you seen Mary Elizabeth Winstead's ass?

Yes (This was the point at which Ewan McGregor left a 22-year marriage)
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: October 05, 2023, 11:36:24 PM

Based on how it was shot I'm fairly confident the tub scene you are referring to in that series was a body double.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #84 on: October 06, 2023, 06:51:11 AM

Wonder who will get cast in Ray Stevenson's role.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #85 on: October 06, 2023, 07:11:56 AM

Wonder who will get cast in Ray Stevenson's role.

not sure if serious

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: October 06, 2023, 10:12:13 AM

It's inevitable, they left his story up in the air. Liev Schreiber would be a good match physically.

I am the .00000001428%
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: October 06, 2023, 10:55:21 AM

It's inevitable, they left his story up in the air. Liev Schreiber would be a good match physically.

Not sure if serious.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #88 on: October 06, 2023, 01:09:51 PM

I mean (and I can't believe I feel like I have to explain this) they have demonstrated a tremendous unwillingness to recast old/dead actors, preferring to use CGI mannequins.  They probably made Stevenson and every other actor on this show do a high res 3D full body scan before they started shooting, just in case.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: October 06, 2023, 05:34:17 PM

Come on, he's not that iconic--they wouldn't waste the money on some kind of CGI thing, they'd just cast a big older guy with a beard.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #90 on: October 06, 2023, 06:18:50 PM

At this point I think it's more likely that part of the story gets picked up in some animated thing and casting won't be an issue.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: October 06, 2023, 07:05:51 PM

Rating on this show have been terrible, so I doubt it will ever be an issue.

-H.L. Mencken
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: October 07, 2023, 02:53:28 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if the character shows up again. Tbh all the characters bar Hera seem just fine for use in another show.

But no guarantee it will be live action and I have no clue why people keep saying Liev Schreiber, that just seems weird to me.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #93 on: October 07, 2023, 08:14:22 AM

CGI renderings are fine for limited stuff, but presumably the character will have serious dramatic work to do on top of flipping around with lightsabers so recasting would be the better option.  Although cartoon is also very possible, given Filoni's history with the medium.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: October 07, 2023, 08:49:12 AM

Yeah, they'd CGI a cameo but no way they are doing that for a plot relevant character. Best they can do is Luke in the mandalorian and he had zero facial expression.

I am the .00000001428%
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #95 on: October 07, 2023, 08:56:26 AM

Best they can do is Luke in the mandalorian and he had zero facial expression.

Didn't stop them, did it.  They're only ever going to do more of that nonsense, not less.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #96 on: October 07, 2023, 09:44:33 AM

Baylan Skoll died on the way back to his home planet.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: October 07, 2023, 01:16:00 PM

Best they can do is Luke in the mandalorian and he had zero facial expression.

Didn't stop them, did it.  They're only ever going to do more of that nonsense, not less.

They didn't NEED Luke to be anything more. New suggestion: Graham McTavish.

I am the .00000001428%
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: October 08, 2023, 01:32:35 PM

I could see Rory McCann or Titus Weliver doing well in the role.

-H.L. Mencken
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #99 on: October 09, 2023, 09:04:15 AM

Baylan Skoll died on the way back to his home planet.

This is the way. 

Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: October 09, 2023, 02:05:59 PM

Lets do a Freddie Mercury. A different actor in each episode.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: October 10, 2023, 06:45:16 AM

For whatever it was worth I quite liked the last three episodes.

Far too slow before that.

And in the final episode I kept thinking that this would would have been far better if animated.

The limited size of the sound stages was super obvious on scenes with lots of bodies. As with Mando S3, the whole thing looked like sequences designed for clone wars or a movie, but then scaled down to make them deliverable in a live action TV context.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Ahsoka (Disney+)  
Jump to: