Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:37:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: For All Mankind (AppleTV plus) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: For All Mankind (AppleTV plus)  (Read 814 times)
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

on: August 07, 2022, 07:47:02 PM

Watch this if you haven’t been.

We’re an episode away from the end of season three and it’s an amazing ride.

Long story short, the Soviets beat us to the Moon in 1969 and the space race never ended. Each season jumps ahead by about a decade. By season three, we’re racing for Mars.

It’s amazing. And not just because I know a bunch of the people involved.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 17, 2022, 06:03:04 PM

I started this right before the new season started being released, I had to stop about halfway through the third season because I just couldn't take the Joel Kinnaman character anymore.

I do agree the show is good on the whole, the first two seasons were both pretty well done but the third season just wasn't doing it for me anymore. I'll probably go back to it at some point but my "must watch this every week!" faded after the third or fourth week and I stopped watching it.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #2 on: August 18, 2022, 01:54:36 AM

This is my pro TV reviewer friend's favourite show. He watches everything and settled on this. I've tried, but (tired dad) fell asleep a few times. Will try again.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #3 on: August 18, 2022, 10:43:14 PM

Kinnamen's character is still prominent, but his star dims through the middle of the season as the story gets bigger. The finale of the season hits hard.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #4 on: August 28, 2022, 03:02:49 PM

Started watching this recently based on the recommendation in this thread; we're partway through season 2.  Aside from the realistic sci-fi and the period stuff, which is all great, I really like the character's evolution over the years.  Some of them "grow up" in really satisfying ways, some change in less satisfying ways, some do both, some just kind of stay stuck, and it's cool to watch them all play off of each other.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: For All Mankind (AppleTV plus)  
Jump to: