Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:38:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: The Northman 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Northman  (Read 1760 times)
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

on: April 25, 2022, 05:59:39 PM

Trailer.

Most beautiful film I've seen since Midsommar, and the best take on Hamlet I've seen since Strange Brew.  It was everything I was hoping for and more.

Apparently it's not doing great at the box office, which is a shame.  Good one to see on a big screen.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 25, 2022, 06:06:17 PM

We're looking forward to seeing it this coming Saturday. Eggars is an interesting director.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 25, 2022, 06:20:55 PM

Trailer.

Most beautiful film I've seen since Midsommar, and the best take on Hamlet I've seen since Strange Brew.  It was everything I was hoping for and more.

Apparently it's not doing great at the box office, which is a shame.  Good one to see on a big screen.

Strange Brew as in the 80s comedy with Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas?

I figured The Northman was just a silly action movie when I saw the trailers and figured I'd eventually rent it someday if I was bored.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #3 on: April 25, 2022, 07:19:58 PM

Apparently it's not doing great at the box office, which is a shame. 

It did better over opening weekend than Eggar's last movie did over it's entire theatrical run. It's just that for whatever reason, someone who must hate money budgeted $65 million for this, and then Covid-related delays blew that up even more.

Looking forward to watching it at some point, but this film never had a chance of making its money back.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 02, 2022, 10:01:37 AM

So we saw this.

It's interesting enough. I don't think it entirely works but I enjoyed aspects of it. My wife hated it though, and I don't think Eggars' confidence that this film will not be appropriated by far-right white supremacists of a certain kind is warranted--it's close enough to their imagination of things to be comforting to them.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: The Northman  
Jump to: