Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:30:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Severance - AppleTV+ 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Severance - AppleTV+  (Read 2692 times)
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

on: April 11, 2022, 06:13:57 AM

So someone mentioned this on Discord the other day and I hadn't seen anything about it because I don't really follow the upcoming tv/movies stuff.

This show is very different but also very good.

Great performances all around, cannot recommend enough.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1 on: April 12, 2022, 10:20:46 PM

Mindfuck Inc. and I am here for it.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #2 on: April 13, 2022, 12:30:12 AM

Sounds a bit like Homecoming S1.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 13, 2022, 08:40:36 PM

Just binged it.

Very very good.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #4 on: April 13, 2022, 09:17:53 PM

Sounds a bit like Homecoming S1.

Similar concept, starkly different vibe and execution.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 15, 2022, 03:10:14 PM

Britt Lower is so hot, she should be in more stuff.

I am the .00000001428%
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #6 on: April 15, 2022, 07:22:48 PM

Loved this show.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #7 on: April 19, 2022, 10:22:05 AM

Just a fascinating show. Loved all of it, even if it started off a bit slow. Binged this sucker in two days. It's just weird and mysterious enough to be constantly compelling; there's always something that I want to know more about.

-Rasix
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 19, 2022, 04:22:33 PM

It's been a long time since I was so pissed that I couldn't keep watching a show.

I am the .00000001428%
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #9 on: April 26, 2022, 09:16:37 AM

Started this last night due to recommendations here, two episodes in so far.  I love the visual style, and haven't quite sussed out yet whether we're in a very specifically stylized near-future or an alternate-history 20th century.  I really want to know what exactly the company does, but in some ways it's beside the point so I won't be surprised if we never learn. 

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: April 26, 2022, 05:45:15 PM

Started this last night due to recommendations here, two episodes in so far.  I love the visual style, and haven't quite sussed out yet whether we're in a very specifically stylized near-future or an alternate-history 20th century.  I really want to know what exactly the company does, but in some ways it's beside the point so I won't be surprised if we never learn. 

The creator answered this in an AMA on reddit: "we used cars from a lot of different time periods to give a slight sense of disorientation. At Lumon, the Innies are intentionally made to feel unmoored from time and space, and that bleeds into the town a bit too. We wanted the town to feel like an extension of Lumon in a way."

I am the .00000001428%
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #11 on: April 26, 2022, 06:29:43 PM

Irving being metal as fuck IRL was the biggest "should have seen that coming" reveal.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: April 27, 2022, 07:46:55 PM

I'm two episodes in as well, with the exact same question as Samwise. Thoroughly enjoying it, love seeing Adam Scott in something that isn't a comedy.

It reminds me of Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World a little: split consciousness that feels like two different worlds, weird math that's based on your subconscious, etc.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: April 27, 2022, 09:12:31 PM

I'm two episodes in as well, with the exact same question as Samwise. Thoroughly enjoying it, love seeing Adam Scott in something that isn't a comedy.

This isn't a comedy?   DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS why so serious?

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #14 on: April 28, 2022, 07:18:31 AM

Finished last night; this is a very difficult show not to binge.  I echo the sentiment about being pissed that I couldn't keep watching.  Looking forward to season 2.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #15 on: April 28, 2022, 09:36:53 AM

Spoilers/speculation on "what does the company do".  (I haven't gone googling for what people have gleaned from freeze-frame easter eggs yet.)

« Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 09:38:43 AM by Samwise »

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: April 28, 2022, 11:03:35 PM

My guess is that

Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #17 on: May 04, 2022, 10:28:28 PM

Just finished it. Thanks for the recommendation, team.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: September 07, 2022, 04:25:56 AM

This good.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Severance - AppleTV+  
Jump to: