Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:08:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Peacemaker (HBO) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Peacemaker (HBO)  (Read 2208 times)
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

on: January 14, 2022, 09:19:35 AM

John Cena's Suicide Squad spinoff, with James Gunn. Not getting much of a promotional push, but it's fun. First 3 episodes out together, last episode (8) on Feb 17 for those who just want to binge it at once.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 06:21:35 PM

Kind of trying to figure out why to watch this considering where the character ends up in the film. He's kind of a less-fun bad guy by the time we finish up and he's also never ever been a good character in the comics as such.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 11:49:45 PM

Kind of trying to figure out why to watch this considering where the character ends up in the film. He's kind of a less-fun bad guy by the time we finish up and he's also never ever been a good character in the comics as such.

Two words: James Gunn

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 15, 2022, 05:18:15 AM

Yeah. I dunno why I'm not feeling it, I liked the movie well enough. I'll give it a shot when I clean the decks of other things I'm trying to finish.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 16, 2022, 02:40:34 AM

Yeah. I dunno why I'm not feeling it, I liked the movie well enough. I'll give it a shot when I clean the decks of other things I'm trying to finish.

How about the greatest opening credits sequence of any TV show ever?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mrr3UNALww

Also, speaking more seriously. The show is doing a good job humanizing him. I had similar concerns to yours but I think during his darkest moment in Suicide Squad a character growth moment started and so far the show seems to be continuing that.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 23, 2022, 05:54:51 PM

This show is basically the best thing DC has ever put out.

I am the .00000001428%
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #6 on: March 13, 2022, 02:20:27 PM

Finally started this and burned through it in 3 days. Both me and my boy loved it.  It is VERY James Gunn in all the right ways and WB gave him way more freedom than I would think Marvel ever would.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 15, 2022, 04:02:28 PM

Eagly

'nuff said.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #8 on: March 15, 2022, 07:50:40 PM

I just made "Do You Wanna Taste It" my ringtone.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 16, 2022, 08:55:10 AM

Eagly

'nuff said.

I love that they got Dee Bradley Baker to "voice" eagly.

I am the .00000001428%
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #10 on: March 21, 2022, 09:28:09 PM

Three episodes in and absolutely fucking love this. If you don't like James Gunn, you won't like this. If you like Guardians of the Galaxy and wish it was a little sillier as well as more "adult" (cursing and gore), this is the show for you. The soundtrack is just wall to wall campy metal/hard rock and it is great.

NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: March 30, 2022, 11:03:20 AM

This was fucking brilliant and I'm really glad I made time to watch it. I guess lucky for me I was laid out with flu last weekend so spent it with the TV rather than going out enjoying the good weather.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #12 on: March 30, 2022, 07:27:51 PM

The season finale was hilarious, especially the cameos. More of this please.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #13 on: April 04, 2022, 11:28:50 AM

"Fuck you, Barry."

What a great show.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #14 on: April 13, 2022, 12:42:12 PM

How about the greatest opening credits sequence of any TV show ever?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mrr3UNALww

Also, speaking more seriously. The show is doing a good job humanizing him. I had similar concerns to yours but I think during his darkest moment in Suicide Squad a character growth moment started and so far the show seems to be continuing that.

Just watched through the show and it was entertaining enough, but I really, really don't think they earn the change in character from how he is in The Suicide Squad.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Peacemaker (HBO)  
Jump to: