Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:52:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Cowboy Bebop (Netflix) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cowboy Bebop (Netflix)  (Read 4039 times)
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #35 on: December 15, 2021, 10:49:22 PM

Uh... whats the experiment they are doing?

seeing how much weird shit psychic kids can do so they can maybe use them for a weapon or infinite energy or whatever.  This is the plot to at least 10% of science fiction movies.  Once you establish that psychic kids exist you should just assume that the government is experimenting on them to try to turn them into a superweapon.

What happened to this "Akira" they talk about occasionally?

he got too psychic and exploded, thereby destroying Tokyo, which is why they now live in "Neotokyo".  It's a thinly veiled reference to Hiroshima.  After that they took what was left of him and put it in a big freezer under a stadium.  Kinda like canoptic jars in Egyptian tombs.  Or like the samples of smallpox in CDC labs that we keep "just in case".  Maybe all of the above.  The allusions are all over the place and I honestly think they were just throwing stuff at the wall.

Why does Tetsuo turn into a blob?

he also got too psychic and exploded, but in more of a body horror way than a Hiroshima way.

What the fuck is this random gibberish and random images I'm watching?

consult your physician idk

Source: I watched Akira one time in the late 90s as a high school student.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 11:20:55 PM by Samwise »

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #36 on: December 15, 2021, 11:27:35 PM

Yeah, I don't know, my first reaction to it was pretty much the same as Sir T's.  But I guess I was expecting the more coherent narration of western style story telling back then.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #37 on: December 15, 2021, 11:47:17 PM

It's not a matter of the story being complicated or hard to understand, it's a matter of the storytelling being all over the place.  Most anime feels to me like the screenwriter had ADHD and no editor.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: December 22, 2021, 04:35:43 PM

Akira's simple compared to Evangelion, where a lot of the real, actual answers are hidden in a PSP game that never got released in the US. why so serious?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: December 23, 2021, 12:25:02 AM

Who needs answers. Just enjoy the ride!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Cowboy Bebop (Netflix)  
Jump to: