Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:02:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Midnight Mass 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Midnight Mass  (Read 1881 times)
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

on: October 04, 2021, 12:25:25 PM

This is possibly the best (Particular genre of horror) show I've seen. Very well done. Go in cold without watching stuff about it if you can, some of it is going to be fairly obvious, but the reveals are very nice. Superb acting, absolutely has one of the most hated characters ever.

10/10 will watch again.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #1 on: October 04, 2021, 03:50:23 PM

We are two episodes in and I have to agree - this is really well done so far. That's all I'm saying :)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #2 on: October 05, 2021, 10:23:21 AM

This is great. Go in cold like everyone is saying. I want to make recommendations, snarky comments, etc, but I really don't want to give away the game.

-Rasix
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 05, 2021, 01:13:14 PM

The only thing I'll say is that I thought it was going to be a ghost story. It is not. Mostly.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: October 06, 2021, 11:41:56 AM

It was fine. Extremely telegraphed. Linklater crushed it.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #5 on: November 13, 2021, 08:09:12 AM

I was legitimately confused by the apparent time jump between Ash Wednesday and an Easter potluck.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
MournelitheCalix
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 13, 2021, 11:00:02 AM

This is possibly the best (Particular genre of horror) show I've seen. Very well done. Go in cold without watching stuff about it if you can, some of it is going to be fairly obvious, but the reveals are very nice. Superb acting, absolutely has one of the most hated characters ever.

10/10 will watch again.

Quite possibly the best show i had heard absolutely nothing about that I have seen in the last 20 years.  It was simply fantastic from start to finish.  Can't say enough about this, watch this series.

Born too late to explore the new world.
Born too early to explore the universe.
Born just in time to see liberty die.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #7 on: November 13, 2021, 12:05:26 PM

My wife grew up catholic and left the church. We had legitimately hours long conversations during watching these episodes about how well done it was. If you like this, look at these other works by the creator:

Movie: Oculus - one of the best 'horror' movies in the last two decades.
Netflix: Haunting of Hill House
Netflix: Haunting of Bly Manor

Both of the two netflix series are slow burns, with Hill House being a bit longer than it needed to be. They are both very, very loose adaptations of the Shirley Jackson and Henry James works and both are haunting and great work.
MournelitheCalix
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: November 13, 2021, 03:47:12 PM

My wife grew up catholic and left the church. We had legitimately hours long conversations during watching these episodes about how well done it was. If you like this, look at these other works by the creator:

Movie: Oculus - one of the best 'horror' movies in the last two decades.
Netflix: Haunting of Hill House
Netflix: Haunting of Bly Manor

Both of the two netflix series are slow burns, with Hill House being a bit longer than it needed to be. They are both very, very loose adaptations of the Shirley Jackson and Henry James works and both are haunting and great work.

Wow the haunting of hill house and bly manor were also fantastic.  I will have to check out  oculus.

Born too late to explore the new world.
Born too early to explore the universe.
Born just in time to see liberty die.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #9 on: November 17, 2021, 08:14:44 PM

I've watched this over the last few days. Wow. Thanks for not spoiling it here.

I ended up setting aside all my responsibilities (apart from the kid) to finish watching it. Such outstanding performances. Give it all the awards.
schild
Administrator

Reply #10 on: November 19, 2021, 08:20:32 AM

anyone who liked this that hasn't seen Hereditary should rectify that
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: November 20, 2021, 11:27:44 AM

Just got finished with this, liked it quite a bit.

One thing that stood out to me is that when two people in any given situation sat down for a conversation, the viewer actually got to see the whole goddamned conversation.  Normally you get a couple sentences that leave you hanging for later reveals and then they switch over to another scene.  Here they just played it out all the way and let the viewer learn everything all the time, at the same time as the characters.  Watching it happen so often made me realize how rarely it is done this way, and I liked it a great deal.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Midnight Mass  
Jump to: