Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:17:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Ted Lasso 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ted Lasso  (Read 3193 times)
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

on: August 14, 2021, 06:15:56 AM

So people had told me this show was good, but I hadn't gotten around to it until yesterday.

The plot at first seems like it would just be one mediocre SNL skit but it ends up actually being a show with way more other stuff going on than the ongoing "fish out of water gag".

It's a great show, highly recommend it.

The entire first season is available and the second season is about halfway through (new episodes every week) on AppleTV+.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1 on: August 14, 2021, 07:20:07 PM

I would’ve suggested this last year but people were already calling me an Apple shill.

Glad you’ve found it. It’s the best show we’ve done so far.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #2 on: August 16, 2021, 07:40:10 PM

Love the show. Last episode was complete crap, though. The first time they’ve tossed in pointless, schlocky filler. I hope it’s not a trend.

Still, it’s fantastic. Makes me feel good about not being a terrible person.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3 on: April 11, 2022, 08:38:02 PM

I'm one episode from finishing the first season. I am in love with this show. Even if the finale turns to crap, it's still been one hell of an accomplishment turning a one-note commercial skit pimping coverage of soccer into the most heartfelt show I've watched in years.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #4 on: April 12, 2022, 10:12:27 PM

The ending of the first season was perfect. The second season gets darker and deeper.

Still the best show we've done but Severance is creeping up on it.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 15, 2022, 03:11:14 PM

The second season was just a bit too dark to be as enjoyable as the first.

I am the .00000001428%
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #6 on: April 15, 2022, 07:20:30 PM

The ending of the first season was perfect. The second season gets darker and deeper.

It's a great show and Coach After Dark was one of my favorite eps of tv ever (being a big fan of the film it is riffing on and the guy who plays Coach).

Still the best show we've done but Severance is creeping up on it.

Wait, I must have missed something. You work with Apple TV now?  I'm digging a lot of its line up (Lasso, Severance, For All Mankind). Also liked the Hanks naval movie quite a bit.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #7 on: April 16, 2022, 05:07:38 PM

Nah. Still just regular Apple. But a few of my former team members are doing shit for programming, etc. a couple at my recommendation, so I’m feeling a bit of paternal connection. One team, one dream.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #8 on: April 16, 2022, 05:30:53 PM

Gotcha.  Well, your recommends are doing good things!

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 04, 2023, 06:10:46 PM

Season 3 of the Roy Kent show premieres March 15th.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #10 on: March 19, 2023, 09:48:18 AM

Good start to the season, which should probably be themed "Self-Doubt All the Way Down."

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #11 on: June 01, 2023, 08:19:10 PM

This ended last night and there wasn't a dry eye in the house.

Such a solid, solid series. I'll miss it but I'm glad they ended it on their terms.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #12 on: June 01, 2023, 08:39:34 PM

I'm going to miss this so much. Just about every episode was a huge hit in the feelz. They did an amazing job being positive AND corny while still managing to not be insultingly doe-eyed.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #13 on: June 01, 2023, 09:22:59 PM

Also, it introduced us punters to Hannah Fucking Waddingham.

Though, apparently she was the Shame Nun in GoT.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 09:54:04 PM by Surlyboi »

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #14 on: June 01, 2023, 11:22:01 PM

Yeah, this was very, very good from start to finish.  Two other shows we were watching ended the same week (Barry and Mrs. Maisel) and Ted Lasso was the only one whose ending wasn't a big letdown.  Other than the disappointment that we won't be getting any more of this show.

Diamond Dogs, dismount.  *sad woofing*

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Ted Lasso  
Jump to: