Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:46:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: No Sudden Move 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: No Sudden Move  (Read 2243 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

on: July 03, 2021, 08:30:03 PM

This is a new Soderbergh joint that's on HBO Max, with a amazing cast. Don Cheadle, Benicio Del Toro, David Harbor, Jon Hamm, Julia Fox, Ray Liotta plus a few surprises that I don't think were advertised. Crime heist drama set in Detroit in the '50s that starts small and gets much more complex as it unfolds. Totally worth taking the 2 hours to watch.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1 on: July 05, 2021, 07:18:20 PM

It's a very good movie, which makes it even more sad that everyone here apparently decided to watch obvious trash like Tomorrow War instead.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #2 on: July 05, 2021, 07:30:07 PM

It's a very good movie, which makes it even more sad that everyone here apparently decided to watch obvious trash like Tomorrow War instead.
Everybody bitches about how an accident slows down traffic even when all lanes on their side are open, and then rubbernecks to look for gore when they get there.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3 on: July 05, 2021, 07:53:05 PM

Having now watched both of them, yeah, if you choose Tomorrow War before No Sudden Move, I don't even know what you are doing with your life.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #4 on: July 05, 2021, 10:21:23 PM

I liked it but that obnoxious lens effect that the guy seems to like for some reason (read he films these on a fucking iPhone) really took me out of it and literally gave me a headache. 

I may be more affected by it than others because of my bifocal glasses or something, but it drove me nuts.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 05, 2021, 11:13:22 PM

I liked it but that obnoxious lens effect that the guy seems to like for some reason (read he films these on a fucking iPhone) really took me out of it and literally gave me a headache. 

I may be more affected by it than others because of my bifocal glasses or something, but it drove me nuts.

Except in this case it was because he was using a period wide angle lens. It was probably a mistake because (i think?) those lenses tended to be used for static shots. A tracking shot will highlight the distortion at the edges of the screen and Sodhrbergh loves him some tracking shots.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #6 on: July 06, 2021, 01:00:21 AM

Having now watched both of them, yeah, if you choose Tomorrow War before No Sudden Move, I don't even know what you are doing with your life.

Went looking for which service it's on locally (HBO Max is usually on a service called Binge) and... actual freaking cinemas, August 26. That's my excuse for suffering only aliens.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #7 on: July 08, 2021, 07:39:59 PM

It fucking killed.

When you figure out about halfway though that it's about  even better.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #8 on: July 08, 2021, 10:54:38 PM

Huh? I thought it was about a Cadillac Convertible.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #9 on: July 11, 2021, 09:08:52 AM

Everything is about a Cadillac convertible.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: No Sudden Move  
Jump to: