Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:53:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: ZeroZeroZero 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ZeroZeroZero  (Read 1460 times)
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

on: March 27, 2021, 01:41:51 AM

Anyone else watched this show?  It's an Italian/French production that hit Amazon Prime recently and I burned through all 8 episodes this week.  It's a fairly well-worn drug/narco story about a cocaine shipment, but it has to be some of the best shot television I've even seen.  Filmed in locations all over the world and just gorgeous.  Good performances too. 

It's a weird combination of languid and brutal and has some annoying narrative gimmicks, but it sucked me in pretty good.   Need to be okay with subtitles as a good 2/3rds of it is in foreign languages.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 06:20:25 AM

I've heard it's very good, but only ever watched about 5 minutes of the first episode.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 12:16:30 AM

I liked it and I wish they made a second season though the ending was pretty satisfying storywise (and the director has ruled out second season).
If you like narco stories then the director's (and writer's) previous work Gomorrah is also pretty good once you get into the story.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 12:50:01 AM

I may check it out. Thanks for the suggestion.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 15, 2021, 07:39:40 PM

Heh, just finished up the first season of Gomorrah. It's such a weird combo of cheesy and gritty. Highest per episode body count of any show I think I've ever seen.

-H.L. Mencken
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: ZeroZeroZero  
Jump to: