Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:15:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: We made it, good riddance 2020 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: We made it, good riddance 2020  (Read 8886 times)
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

on: January 01, 2021, 12:10:55 AM

Happy New Year, you bastards.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 05:19:34 AM

After last year? I'll just wait... Happy is TDB.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 01, 2021, 06:34:46 AM

First good thing that happens in 2021 will make us all feel like it's over; on the other hand if something really really bad happens in the first two months, we're going to start talking like 2020 isn't a year but a decade--the Terrible Twenties, etc.

I'm ready to start telling the story of 2021 as a great year.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3 on: January 01, 2021, 09:05:01 AM

Get fucked, 2020.

Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 01, 2021, 09:40:17 AM

Happy New Year guys, and here's hoping that 2020 was just a bad start for a good decade.

Stay safe and healthy and keep playing computer games.

DRILLING AND MANLINESS
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #5 on: January 01, 2021, 09:53:42 AM

Get fucked, 2020.

I mean it's just a meme, but it's astounding how bad 2020 was for me on personal level too. Lost my job, a relationship took a bad turn,...

So yeah, I am ready for a better year.

Happy New year everyone.

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 01, 2021, 11:11:19 AM

Happy new year!

Hoping 2021 can turn things around for people who were having a rough time!
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: January 01, 2021, 11:22:49 AM

Happy New Year, imaginary internet friends!  why so serious?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #8 on: January 01, 2021, 12:55:43 PM

What's funny for me is that 2020 started with a significant bad point (being unemployed for the first time in 20+ years but with at least a glimmer of hope that I'd get hired full-time) and by the end of it, my wife and I are in a better financial position than we've ever been (knock on literal motherfucking wood). It's just been such a shit year all around us, with the constant state of stress, panic and paranoia that comes from living through a pandemic surrounded by Karens who are apopleptic that they can't get a haircut to dipshits who feel a mask is an infringement on their civil liberties. So I'm hoping 2021 keeps the good positives and starts kneecapping the negatives like the pandemic.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #9 on: January 01, 2021, 05:14:45 PM

What's funny for me is that 2020 started with a significant bad point (being unemployed for the first time in 20+ years but with at least a glimmer of hope that I'd get hired full-time) and by the end of it, my wife and I are in a better financial position than we've ever been (knock on literal motherfucking wood). It's just been such a shit year all around us, with the constant state of stress, panic and paranoia that comes from living through a pandemic surrounded by Karens who are apopleptic that they can't get a haircut to dipshits who feel a mask is an infringement on their civil liberties. So I'm hoping 2021 keeps the good positives and starts kneecapping the negatives like the pandemic.

Pretty much the same situation. Went from a stable comfortable shit paying job to a stable faster paced job that about doubled my salary. The wife's job moved to 100% WFH and she got a fulltime offer after contracting for 2 years which gets her PTO and more money. Not to mention we went from the rust belt to the rocky mountain high, so for that... 2020 was insanely good... if you are using the right kinda eyes/blinders.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
schild
Administrator

Reply #10 on: January 01, 2021, 06:47:55 PM

Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 02, 2021, 01:44:34 PM

While I cannot deny that 2020 was a significantly horrible year, personally it has been a high point in my life. My wife took over management for a development spa club, her income is better now than it has ever been. I finished my masters in information technology. The company I work for cared a great deal about that and created a management role for me, drastically increasing my salary and giving me very nice investment options with the organization. Our retirement investments are doing tremendously well. My son is healthy, and as far as I can tell is going to continue doing well academically.

It went so well for us that I now have anxiety that something bad is going to happen to us, as has always been the case when I am enjoying a high point.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: January 02, 2021, 06:10:10 PM

While I cannot deny that 2020 was a significantly horrible year, personally it has been a high point in my life. My wife took over management for a development spa club, her income is better now than it has ever been. I finished my masters in information technology. The company I work for cared a great deal about that and created a management role for me, drastically increasing my salary and giving me very nice investment options with the organization. Our retirement investments are doing tremendously well. My son is healthy, and as far as I can tell is going to continue doing well academically.

It went so well for us that I now have anxiety that something bad is going to happen to us, as has always been the case when I am enjoying a high point.

Nice!  I feel the same way about this year.  I finished my MBA, bought my forever house with a big garage for my car projects, and my wife also got promoted.  If you were positioned in the right place 2020 wasn't terrible, but most people were not so lucky. 

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: January 02, 2021, 10:23:23 PM

I had some good things relative to everyone else, but it still sucked being in lockdown and it's hard to enjoy something that was so shit for everyone else.
Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: January 03, 2021, 12:44:31 AM

2020 was fucking horrible year, on a personal level, for me. Been largely unemployed for nearly nine months now (getting by with my savings, a frugal lifestyle, and small odd-jobs that I can find), had several people I know pass from COVID, my cat to cancer, and my own health has taken a turn for the worse (not COVID). New year probably won't be much better for me (especially since I live in Alberta, which isn't exactly handling COVID, or much else, well -- by Canadian standards, at least), but if I can hold out till after the vaccines roll out in high enough numbers (maybe October or later, here, it seems like) I might see a chance at employment again before my finances are completely drained.

So yeah.

Fuck 2020 and every single person that was too self-centered or fucking stupid to let us deal with COVID with any degree of responsibility.
Jade Falcon
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: January 04, 2021, 01:31:38 PM

I was waiting for the the message "Tutorial Complete" to pop on my phone at the strike of midnight
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: January 04, 2021, 01:45:28 PM

2020 was fucking horrible year, on a personal level, for me. Been largely unemployed for nearly nine months now (getting by with my savings, a frugal lifestyle, and small odd-jobs that I can find), had several people I know pass from COVID, my cat to cancer, and my own health has taken a turn for the worse (not COVID). New year probably won't be much better for me (especially since I live in Alberta, which isn't exactly handling COVID, or much else, well -- by Canadian standards, at least), but if I can hold out till after the vaccines roll out in high enough numbers (maybe October or later, here, it seems like) I might see a chance at employment again before my finances are completely drained.

So yeah.

Fuck 2020 and every single person that was too self-centered or fucking stupid to let us deal with COVID with any degree of responsibility.

I'm a victim of Conservative government in Ontario too but man Jason Kenney out dicks Ford by a mile.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #17 on: January 06, 2021, 01:49:22 PM

I'm guessing we won't just blithely refer to future years as complete shit when we have this as the new yardstick.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: January 06, 2021, 02:15:06 PM

Oh believe me, don't be relieved. It will get orders of magnitude worse before it gets better.

if at last you do succeed, never try again
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: January 06, 2021, 02:20:24 PM

Oh believe me, don't be relieved. It will get orders of magnitude worse before it gets better.

Have you seen 2021 so far?

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: January 06, 2021, 03:03:26 PM

Indeed. Just like the Eternal September of 1993, we are now living in the Eternal November of 2020. Buckle up.

if at last you do succeed, never try again
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: January 06, 2021, 05:33:22 PM

Yea not going so well so far, is it?

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #22 on: January 06, 2021, 05:51:33 PM

We might be done with 2020, but it isn't done with us.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Count Nerfedalot
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: January 06, 2021, 07:32:03 PM

2020 has decided it is special and the laws that apply to everyone else don't apply to it, so it has decided to extend its term

Yes, I know I'm paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?
Hammond
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: January 07, 2021, 08:41:40 AM

Maybe we are working off of the Chinese calendar which means we have until February 12th.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: January 07, 2021, 08:55:54 AM

2020 is working with the courts to decertify 2021, thus giving itself 4 more years.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: We made it, good riddance 2020  
Jump to: