Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:31:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Alex Trebek loses the fight with pancreatic cancer. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alex Trebek loses the fight with pancreatic cancer.  (Read 4724 times)
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

on: November 08, 2020, 09:45:11 AM

He was 80. Couldn’t let Sean Connery have the last word.

Fuck cancer. Fuck 2020.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1 on: November 08, 2020, 12:10:25 PM

He was 80. Couldn’t let Sean Connery have the last word.

Fuck cancer. Fuck 2020.

Yeah this hits a little different since I was raised watching this from the time he started. My mother would always call my grandmother to talk about the day right after Jeopardy...every night. I stopped watching in college for a year or two, but my fraternity started putting it on the TV after dinners and we'd shoot pool and call out the answers. The show and Alex are timeless for me. Good on him for fighting it that hard - I really thought he was done when he announced it and then kept kept right on plowing thru. Going that long through stage 4 is amazing. Will miss him.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: November 08, 2020, 02:37:50 PM

What is Reason #Infinity for why 2020 can get fucked, Alex?

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 08, 2020, 04:18:57 PM

Recorded right up to October 29, we'll be seeing him until Christmas. Will feel so sad as we approach the last.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #4 on: November 09, 2020, 12:05:54 AM

He lasted way longer than I thought he would with his diagnosis. My dad was dead in 58 days with the same one (granted 18 years ago so maybe meds are better now).  RIP to a real one.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Hammond
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 09, 2020, 07:46:12 AM

I have many fond memories of watching Jeopardy from my childhood and playing along with my family. In recent years I only caught bits and pieces on youtube since I haven't had cable for years.  2020 is slowly but surely killing off large swaths of my childhood movie and tv stars.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 11, 2020, 10:54:54 AM

This will bring a smile to your face: it's younger Alex Trebek swearing his way through botched promos. https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1326556884938219520
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: November 11, 2020, 11:38:52 AM

My old man loved Jeopardy, especially before he had to ask me questions to pop culture answers. He also used to, having never seen the SNL Celebrity Jeopardy bits, and not having the frame of humor to get them anyways, often yell at Alex Trebek for "having the answer in front of him", and "he probably wouldn't have know that answer without it". Ah. Good times. RIP one of Canada's favourite sons.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #8 on: November 24, 2020, 04:04:45 AM

Ken Jennings is interim host of Jeopardy for at least the next few taping, apparently.
I think it’s not a particularly bad idea, actually, even though nominee can replace Trebek
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Alex Trebek loses the fight with pancreatic cancer.  
Jump to: